1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, it was.

“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. . . . Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

In fact, when he said, "they let you do it," he appears to be clarifying that he does get consent, having perhaps realized that it might have sounded otherwise.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For four more years. I hope that Obama withdraws Garland's nomination the day after Hillary wins, saying that it wouldn't be fair for his nomination to go through during his lame duck period.

He made the nomination on April 16, and it was blocked "because a lame duck president should not nominate a Supreme Court Justice." That was seven months ago, and he won't actually be a lame duck for another three weeks, but we all know facts don't matter with a Supreme seat on the line. He should pull the nomination, tell Congress to eat it, and let HRC nominate a granola eating, Subaru driving, no shit liberal who is about thirty five years old.

As to the "they are not obligated", that's a steaming pile of horseshit and you know it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If Ginsburg died the last year of Bush's presidency, I would have wanted Congress to do the same thing.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If republicans keep losing the White House, we'll be down a few more justices, up there in age.

Hopefully they will be held to account politically.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

True, but like I noted in blue font earlier, the Republicans wanted the people to have a voice in this pick, right? And I'd think an election would provide overwhelming evidence the people have spoken. But we're dealing with the same GOP that keeps proposing repeals of Obamacare and whose eight investigations of Benghazi that reached the same result apparently aren't enough. Another attempt to obstruct the process would be another piss in the wind.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm a little curious (and too lazy to research): What exactly, if anything, are they "constitutionally obligated" to do (or not do)?

To me, holding hearings and/or voting on SCOTUS nominees is simply "doing your job" just as "walking the dog" is the job of a dog walker you may hire.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know, I didn't call the police when my neighbor let his dog shit in the bushes near the street in my front yard. So I should just STFU when he does it on my "Welcome" mat on my front porch.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As to the woman on a plane and "The upper half", what woman in her right mind is going to sit in first class while some guy reaches up her skirt and plays with her? I guess that it happens, but 99.9 women would clout the guy upside his head and refuse to speak or respond to him from there on. What kind of man does that, particularly with someone he does not even know? The only way I figure that happens is if there is an established relationship, and damn few of those women are going to allow that.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Willey is worse. They killed her cat, for cryin' out loud.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Flipping around the news this afternoon.

Can someone explain to me what's going on with an undecided voter?

How much more info do you need, for either side?

Seems like a plea for attention at this point.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Tell me more about what it is that I know.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Man, I just think you are insanely wrong about this. I agree with you that Politico or any other news outlet should refrain from calling it sexual assault because of the legal and criminal applications of that phrase, and just in the interest of objective journalism.

But he's bragging about the fact that his star power allows him to grab women without immediate rebuke. He isn't bragging that women want him to grab them because he is a star. That sounds very different. And I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt when he says one thing but probably meant something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.