1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think the argument could also be made, and is likely the correct interpretation, that he was hyperbolizing about how irresistible he finds beautiful women.

2. Dick Whitman

No. Again, it's an ambiguous phrase.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't think "let" necessarily implies an affirmative decision. It can. But it can also imply resignation to something.

But I do appreciate you supplying me with the definition of "let." Not a Dick move at all.

4. Dick Whitman

Resignation to something is still an affirmative decision that doesn't fit the scenario you described.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Context, my man. You are ignoring context.

6. Dick Whitman

I'm not ignoring anything. The context leaves it ambiguous. In fact, I believe the context makes it more likely that he is indicating consent. After talking about walking up to beautiful women and kissing them, he clarifies: "They let you do it."

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Since we're on the topic of what counts as consent, a president could claim that silence is consent on the Supreme Court nominee and declare victory. The up or down vote isn't found in the Constitution, just tradition, and we are all about tradition. Presumably the Court itself would then decide the matter.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. RickStain

You can make that argument. Right-thinking people are apt to ignore it.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

He goes on to say "You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. ... You can do anything."

Unless he asked them "may I grab your pussy?" and they said "by all means, Donald, grab away," it is sexual assault.

10. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Well, whatever's left of it by that point...

11. Dick Whitman

Really?

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. RickStain

It would be a really bad idea, of course. The trend of throwing away unwritten traditions in the name of political expedience in the liberal/conservative fight is how you get the fall of republics a few generations later.

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.