1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That kind of horsepoop false equivalence is exactly why nobody outside of journalists cares about journalistic ethics. Sometimes both sides don't deserve equal play. If everybody who has a meaningful opinion on the subject declares it to be sexual assault, then it is.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

More fun with polling after today's CNN polls supposedly showed things "close":

Arizona, Highland
    Clinton 39, Trump 37

Colorado, Quinnipiac
    Clinton 45, Trump 37

Florida, Quinnipiac
    Clinton 48, Trump 44

Ohio, Quinnipiac
    Clinton 45, Trump 45

Pennysylvania, Quinnipiac
    Clinton 47, Trump 41

National, Monmouth
    Clinton 50, Trump 38

Utah, Rasmussen
    Trump 30, McMullin 29, Clinton 28

Arizona is now blow on the 538 polls-plus forecast.

All that said, I suspect this is the year that 538's model gets BTFO a bit. It's going to get the winner right because that's not hard right now, and probably close on the national vote. But the individual states are moving a little weirdly relative to each other. States like Ohio, Arizona or Iowa feel better for Trump than the model wants to spit out, while she gains "meaningless" votes in red states.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still talking about the pussy.

He's 70 and grew up when that kind of talk was a lot more pervasive. Let's not pretend it wasn't.

He said what he said and we all know what he meant, but he's not a villain for saying what he said 11 years before he'd be running for president.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Again, you use Trumps words that says he was allowed to do something. You then say the Clinton camp and women's rights groups are calling it sexual assault. The writer doesn't need to say anything. He/She just needs to say Trump was recording saying he can grab women's genitals and now groups are condemning his words saying it is sexual assault. You let other people's words make the accusations, not your own.

In this case both sides deserve equal play because the writer is declaring the other side committed a crime. In that case, the other side has every right to say it did not commit a crime and explain its reasoning. This isn't some case of stating the earth is round but you have to be fair to the flat eathers so you get their side too.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wow, he said all that?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Any 59-year-old man who talks like that is a horrible person regardless of his current or future career aspirations.

I don't get you. You're bending over so far backward to say Trump's just fine. For months now.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

As weird as some states are acting (and 538 appears to be sandbagging a bit), Hillary is closing in on 90 percent probability to win and more importantly a 50 percent popular vote, which allows her to claim a mandate. Bill never got a popular majority in his two elections thanks to Perot.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes, he says everything I attribute to him "You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait" and then he says “And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab them by the p---y,. You can do anything."
    The rest of it is my reasoning for why it is sexual assault. So yes, he said all of that.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"He is imposing himself on a woman with something she doesn't want."

Can you direct me to where he says that?

11. RickStain

A prerequisite for "it was a different time" exhonoration is acknowledgement and commitment to change.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he's fine. Or suitable to be president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.