1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great, let it trumpet the dawning of a new era for men. But he was 59 and the product of generations in which men talked like that all their lives.

We here at SJ still rate women by the number 6.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    old_tony likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Here's a surprise.

This defense doesn't sound unlike what the Joebots said about Paterno looking the other way while Sandusky ran amok. "Ah, he's from another era. It was different."

That did not hold up with Paterno. It does not hold up with Trump. Wrong doesn't wear a time stamp.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have waded into this.

Like I said, the things where I use "he said" are the things that he said. The other stuff including the "He is imposing himself ..." is my opinion and I thought that was obvious. I was going off of the fact that he said "I don't even wait." Don't wait for what? Permission? Her to do it first? For him to get a tic tac? He sees, he kisses, he gropes. That is why I believe it is sexual assault. But IN AGREEMENT WITH YOU, DICK a journalist shouldn't make that leap on his/her own.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is truth in the idea that in terms of objective wrongness, that Trump tape isn't *that* high.

There is still the Nazi sympathizing and iconography, the foreign policy almost targetedly designed to tear down the west, the advocation of casual nuclear war, and the tendency to burst into underage girls dressing rooms just in time for them to be naked.

It is hard to choose, really

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Somehow he's going to win 40 percent of the vote and a slew of states, some by landslide. At least he didn't use an AOL account, explains the nation's white people.

cranberry and RickStain like this.
  6. RickStain

I think coming in under 40 is definitely on the table for him

cranberry likes this.
  7. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

On the flip side, I've been amazed that the elites of a party that's been pushing Voter ID legislation at the state level for years are now publicly dismissing the potential of voter fraud in response to Trump's conspiracy allegations.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The FACT of voter fraud is it happens less frequently than meteors from Mars busting through your kitchen ceiling.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polls released yesterday and today give two different interpretations. Best case for Trump, he loses by about as much as Romney did. Worst care: No bottom with this line, captain.

12. RickStain

Clinton + 9 in four-way national CBS poll, +11 head to head.

Again: Trump actually does worse when you force third party and undecided to pick one of the two. There is no large swath of voters ready to break for him. He is hated by everyone outside of his current voters. He has no upside from his already losing position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.