1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some of you are also imposing a linear structure on Trump's expressed thoughts that the text does not necessarily support. It's possible he's saying shamelessly that he walks up to strangers and gropes their genitals. I guess. The more likely interpretation would be that he's talking about kissing new women, mentions (inartfully) consent, then switches gears to what else women consent to because he's famous. It's a stream of consciousness.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And the guy who thinks it's completely normal and even brag-worthy is just the guy to clean it all up!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

News reports: women and girls making the perilous trip through Mexico, on the way to America, are getting raped

Trump: some Mexican immigrants are rapists.

Media: how dare you call Mexicans rapists.

Trump: you reported there were rapes.

Media: those stories were about women getting raped.

Trump: someone's doing the raping.

News reports: women in the military are being sexually assaulted.

Activists: this is a big problem.

Trump: what did you think would happen, when you suddenly introduce a few women into previously all male units, with little training or preparation?

Media: how dare you call our troops rapists!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  4. YankeeFan

I don't know. Trump is usually pretty precise with his words -- especially when he's being boastful.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Can't control those guns.

6. YankeeFan

Even in the first class passenger's telling of her story, Trump "waited".

He introduced himself. They made small talk. He asked if she was married, and she told him she wasn't. The first class meal is served.

Only after the meal is cleared does he make a move.

By the time a plane is at altitude, and a meal is served and cleared, you have a chance to build, and gauge chemistry.

Now, maybe there was none. Maybe Trump misread her signals, or maybe he didn't care. But, he didn't try to kiss a complete stranger right away either.

And, according to her, it was 15 minutes before his hand tried to go up her skirt.

That doesn't sound like he went directly from kissing to grabbing her genitals.

And, most importantly, when she made it clear she was uncom with where he was going, the encounter ended.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Did you listen to the tape? I mean, come on, dude.

You've had to the draw the conversation back to your original point (which is a fair one) several times because you muddy it up by finding ways to suggest Trump did not mean what everyone - everyone, including you, I suspect - heard.

The straight talker said it. We know, by listening or reading those words, that when he sees a beautiful woman, he just kisses them, he doesn't wait because they let him do anything. Grab them by the pu__y.

Stick to criticizing Politico's handling of his conversation and avoid finding ways to suggest that grabbing the pu__y of a woman he's just met is not sexual assault. You're killing your own legitimate point.

8. bigpern23

Most people don't need the flight attendants to give pre-flight instructions not to finger other passengers - particularly those you've just met - at 20,000 feet to know it's not acceptable behavior under any circumstances.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're responding to an imaginary post.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous even by the standards of how far you're willing to go in this election.

However, it should be noted that not even Trump has proffered this explanation; according to him, none of this ever happened because he never met the woman and she's too ugly anyway.

Double Down likes this.
  11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you think that's what he meant, you've got more problems than just being a Trumper.

gingerbread likes this.
  12. bigpern23

No, I'm not.

But that reply is a great new addition to your repertoire. It was really clever when you said it to Neutral Corner, too. No, really, you should use it as often as possible.

If you want to impose a linear structure on my text, you'll see that my first sentence is a direct response to your post, which didn't deserve much more of a response than "Come on, dude." The rest is advice on how to make your original point more effectively. You're welcome. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.