1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I will be ecstatic. She's a tremendous candidate who will make a great leader.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, you are the first person I've heard of, whom I've interacted with, who clearly has expressed that sentiment. :)

But I hope you're right.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"I could see her winning[.]"

You think?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You need to get out more often.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll be happy, as well. I've been pulling for her since the '90s. I can't wait to sit on the couch with my wife, daughter, and - perhaps especially - my son, as the election is called.

Unlike many Americans, I'm not going for my cynic's merit badge right now. In three weeks, we're going to make the right choice, in the end, and this clown show can finally end. He has been a disgrace. We're a lesser nation due to his little act.

Cosmo likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It is kind of a slam-dunk by now. :p

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

In a normal government, sure. Not with the Party of No holding Congress.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'd send the kids to bed before Trump's rebuttal (I think we can safely say it won't be a "concession") speech.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I live in the bluest of states, admittedly. I've met one Trump supporter -- the 60-something woman who runs the show at the local headstones showroom.

I'm seeing a lot more Trump signs than Hillary signs. Overcompensation on their part, perhaps?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think there's been something of a "shy liberal" effect, where people who plan to vote for her don't want to indicate that in public so they can avoid getting in yelling matches - or worse - with Trump dead enders.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You could be right about that. But for me, and just about everyone else I know, this election is the perfect example of people deciding between the lesser of two evils (or deciding not to decide and they're just not going to vote). It is not a matter of "Which candidate is anyone really excited and energized and happy about?"

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Biden, had he ran, would've been that candidate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.