1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's "evil" about her? She's not perfect. But 50 years from now, her face is going to be on currency.

Here's a little secret: Americans love to express cynicism about politicians in 2016.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The opposite -- "shy conservatives"/potential Trump voters -- could be a factor, too. In fact, given everything going on, that could be even more likely.:)

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A valid point. Although if we believe that can completely hog-tie a president, then perhaps the office isn't as all-powerful as we make it.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, Trump's supporters seem very meek about it.

Killick and dixiehack like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I can say I'd be happy about it. Take away all the noise and conspiracy theories. Clinton put in the work and the time. She was respected for working with everyone as a senator. She, IMO, did a good job as SOS and was cleared after numerous Benghazi investigations.

Clinton is qualified. Trump isn't even close.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, there are many ignorant people who have decided HRC is evil but who cannot for the life of themselves explain what it is that makes her evil, except that they have heard that from other ignorant people.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She'll get stuff done like Obama gets stuff done. She just won't get anywhere with Congress as currently constituted.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dumpf wants Americans on the lookout for those dusky dark people who would rig elections. You know, the dirty shifty riggers.

9. jr/shotglass

Which, as much as I cringe as I type this, is the best reason available for voting straight ticket this time around.

10. WriteThinking

I'm not getting into semantics with you. There are reasons she is disliked and distrusted. And you understand the sentiment, and know it is prevalent in this election cycle.

If Clinton's face is on currency in the future, it will be because she'll have been the first woman president, not necessarily because she'll have been a great one.

11. jr/shotglass

But she could be. (And, of course, we have no such illusions about Donald Trump.)

12. WriteThinking

I strongly agree with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.