1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or a teevee network which was willing to breathe the awful truth.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I found this interesting. It's a comprehensive quiz that answers which candidate you align most strongly with.

My order was Clinton (80%), Stein (77%), Johnson (45%), Trump (26%).

http://www.isidewith.org/

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Then have the Senate vote 'no.'

It's the Senate not doing a goddamn thing that pisses people off.

4. BTExpress

The one whose son sits on the board of directors of Ukraine's biggest oil company.

5. BTExpress

I'm kind of curious what that currency will be worth 47 years after our nuclear confrontation with Russia, courtesy of Hillary.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ahem. :D

From back in August:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Neutral Corner and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Should be a campaign issue, yet I've seen nothing from the Democratic candidate discussing it. The Republican candidate in my state hasn't mentioned SCOTUS, either, in any commercial I've seen or mailer I've read.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As opposed to Fucko, who'd get us nuked off the face of the earth by a newly-nuked-up Japan ("Go ahead, enjoy yourselves!")

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan , isn't it just terrible that Melania Trump is trashing her husband's accusers and enabling his predatory behavior?

Melania Trump calls sex abuse allegations against Donald ‘unfair'

Melania Trump lashed out at the women who have accused her husband of sexual abuse, calling their allegations “unfair” while insisting the Donald is innocent of any wrongdoing.

“Without evidence, to accuse somebody who is a man or a woman, is damaging and it’s unfair,” the former model told Fox News in a Tuesday interview.

And the slut shaming!

I believe my husband. I believe my husband. This was all organized from the opposition. And with the details that they go, did they ever check the background of these women? They don't have any facts, and even the story that came out in People magazine, the writer, she said that my husband took her to the room and started kissing her. She wrote in the same story about me that she saw me on 5th Avenue, and I said to her, "Natasha, how come we don't see you anymore?" I was never friends with her. I would not recognize her.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Rather than 'shy' right- or left-wingers, I really think the massive disparity in ground game is going to be what makes the returns look different from the polling. Trump seems to be willfully ignorant of this, but I'm pretty confident Clinton's team is going to be getting people to the polls. If anything, the "election is rigged" talk would seem to disincentivize GOP turnout.

I mean, I think the McCain thing should be viewed for what it almost certainly is -- pandering. Short of the (significant) portion of the voter base that will be voting for Trump for the sole reason of being unable to stomach Hillary Clinton as president, the next largest bloc has to be the (often evangelical) single-issue voter, and the pitch is going to be: You may not like Trump, but without him, the gays and abortionists will control the Supreme Court forever! John's just running his mouth because being 80 or whatever he is, at the end of his career and being in the minority party doesn't sound very fun.

I am encouraged by the possibility of a Clinton administration. I don't expect anyone to be convinced by this, but I've always considered all the Hillary stuff this way: If your worst enem(ies) hired a PI to be on your tail for 20 years, to chronicle and publicize every decision you made, would you cut some corners? Would it make you a little paranoid? I think she's got a variety of experience that will allow her to move the right levers of government. That said, fixing the mess we've gotten ourselves into will take time and effort. If you think Republicans in safe districts will fear being primaried for giving Obama credit, just imagine the reaction elicited by playing nice with the evil one?

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

#irony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.