1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No, actually, I really did need to go to work.

What needs to be supported or explained? You really don't understand the sentiment involving the lesser of two evils? You haven't heard it in this election cycle? Or, you don't believe it is what will be motivating most voters? I don't believe that.

I don't like Clinton, and I don't trust her, and I'm not sure anybody else should, either, given that she's bought big-money votes and is a liar who got publicly accused/called out while at the same time getting obviously and inexplicably let off the hook for reasons that have never been made clear and can only be suggested and surmised, and not in a good light.

I heard some would-be voter being interviewed on TV today describe exactly the situation in this election, as well as his and a lot of other people's opinions: "I'm not a fan of either candidate at this point, but she's better than him."

I'd say that just about sums it up, and it's certainly not a ringing endorsement. But you must understand that, and know that's where an awful lot of people stand.

For what it's worth, to jr/shotglass's point: I hope Clinton does become a great president. We could use one, and I wouldn't begrudge her that status at all if she lives up to it. I'd even hope, if it happens, that it all doesn't get qualified away by the idea that she did it, but largely with Bill Clinton's help.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

We've had a pretty great -- if not just damn great -- president for the last eight years. I defy you or anyone to say your life is sooooo much worse because of President Obama or his policies. Are you poorer because of him, or because of your own mistakes? Lose your job because of him, or because of issues beyond your control? Mortgage? Health insurance? Seriously, how is your life worse than it was in 2007 because of Obama or government in general?
    (And I hope this is understood I'm not including anyone impacted by the wars: I'm from a military family, have a brother and cousins back and forth to Iraq the last 15 years, but while they're understandably frustrated and pissed over certain things, none of them blame it on Obama.)
    I'd really like to hear @old_tony and @YankeeFan explain how their lives are so much worse because Obama was their president.

TowelWaver and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Closer and closer to Idiocracy each day.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Credit where credit is due:
    [​IMG]

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yup, he's absolutely right.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Empty words that carry about as much weight as your impassioned defense of Josh Duggar. You seem to have an a strong predilection for remaining willfully uninformed.

Also, you'll need to go back to Roosevelt to find a better president than Obama has been.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/opinion/wikihillary-for-president.html?_r=0

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So Fucko needs a home run/Hail Mary tonight; he can't tread water or "hold his own," he needs a thunderbolt game-changer.

So what does he try? I put 50-50 he calls her a bitch or C***t onstage.

Or, he could try to show how much he appreciates women: He could observe that Ivanka is way hotter than Chelsea, but allow he'd "probably still fuck her." Then ask Bill, "What do you think?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.