1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Calling her "Grandma" annoys me more than any other insult flying around in this election. I felt the same way about "Barry."

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Do you find it at all unsettling that you are planning to vote for someone who Russia is actively trying to get elected? I'm not saying you shouldn't if you believe in the candidate's policies, but does it give you even a smidge of pause that Russia wants you to vote for him and they are conducting cyber espionage against our nation's government to encourage that result?

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I think the "Grandma" insult is funny from a guy who hasn't been able to pass on his genes.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"Emails not being discussed." Buried like the EpiPen, right?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Trump is a grampa.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess it's meant to make fun of her because she used to be young and famous and now she's older and famous? I don't understand. It just seems really disrespectful to me.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rubio is the media?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Took me three weeks, but I finally caught up after being 120 pages behind.

Comeback of the Year!

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I feel like if you were having this argument with yourself, Bizarro Dick would say "But she is a grandmother. It is a silly thing to get insulted by."

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I consider myself a fan of politics and don't need to agree with a politician in any way in order to find them .

That said I am at the Nixon museum waiting to hear Newt Gingrich speak and that definitely feels a little weird.

Lugnuts likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And a father at the same time!! Of some of the same kids!!

Which makes them their own aunts and uncles!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me much because it's inconsequential, but I agree it's disrespectful. Mostly because it uses "Grandma" as a pejorative, and I certainly have tremendous respect and love for both of my grandmothers, who have both passed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.