1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Tommy Hanrahan of politics.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Clearly, Trump is the best candidate. After all, he has the bigger plane.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why would it strike you as odd? Why talk about people's kids, even in some bizarre hypothetical?

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Stubby little wings, though ...

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's already shadowing her and trying to intimidate her!

gingerbread likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This was already explained. It is disrespectful to grandmothers. Unless you want to lie and say that calling her Grandma was meant as a compliment.

8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

But that goes back to the fact that he wasn't singling out anyone's kids, and why I referenced other comments in which someone could conceivably take offense on behalf of a parent/child/spouse that caused no uproar. I disagree with his general argument, but I think things escalated from an innocuous (for this board), passing insult and gave some people an excuse to pile on because they don't like him.

old_tony likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nope. Just like Howie Kurtz, he knows who signs his checks and isn't going to let responsibility get in the way of playing for the home team.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, it's not that you were wrong, it's that you apparently were not aware of it at the time. And I was just cracking a joke in that vein. Relax, Dick. You're still on the list of SJers I'd definitely have a beer with. ;)

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty hilarious that you're offended by "Grandma," but not by "Fucko," "Drumpf," "Daughter-fucker," etc.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't get worked up by your calling her Grandma but I am curious as to why you do it. If you are ripping her for her age why don't you call Trump Grampa ? He is older. It doesn't really bother me but it seems strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.