1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

As a father/husband/son, I...

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A well-reasoned response that I'll accept. And I'm the last one, right now, to claim Tony has a fucking clue what he is talking about.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, please.

First off, there have been something between thirty and four hundred documented cases of voter fraud in recent years. There were around 120 million votes cast in the last presidential election, so for a 1 % effect on the polls would require 1.2 million fraudulent votes. That's complete bull, nothing like that happened.

Then lets throw in that over the last ten years, if you except the two Obama wins, the Republicans have made gains in the Senate, larger gains in the House, and around a thousand seats gained in the various state legislatures. Wouldn't you think that if the Democrats were rigging the elections that they would actually, I don't know, win more elections?

Now add in that thirty states or so have elections which are overseen by Republicans, who are pissed as hell at Trump over his "rigged" bullshit.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nah. I will never stop pointing out when someone is wrong. I'll argue disagreement.

But wrong is wrong and will forever be wrong.

And I'm happy to argue the case if someone who is wrong continues a losing argument.

5. jr/shotglass

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. We agree on most things, as I think you know.

But I'll still say there was a bit too much pearl-clutching.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess Rush and Hannity are weaklings because of those "special laws" that protect them from anyone who wishes to jam their radio frequencies.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Hannity Fantasy Hour is now on. Opened with saying it was a great night for Trump.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You missed my point about as far as a point can be missed.

I was disputing tony's definition of "widespread".

1. A Trump supporter conceded that there was no fear of "widespread" voter fraud.
    2. Tony tried to twist this around to his benefit by claiming her use of the word meant that she was saying there would not be voter fraud on "both sides."
    3. I pointed out that widespread does not mean "both sides", and that the Trump supporter was admitting that there was no voter fraud by Democrats.

Somehow you added 1, 2 and 3 and got [​IMG]

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

For sure. Happy to shake hands and move on. And accept the results ;-)

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"All Trump voters are racist." All 60,000,000 of them.

Has been said on this board hundreds of time.

Wrong or not?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

N.C.'s law was struck down because members of the lege had an official study done to see which voter rights programs were most effective and then passed laws declaring those programs illegal. Moreover this was discussed on the floor of the lege so that it was on the record that they did it. It was about as cut and dried as having cameras in your house that took pictures of the burglars who broke in as well as of their car and it's tag number.

12. jr/shotglass

Oh, definitely accept the results. Although some shit's going to get burned down when it's over, I'm afraid.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.