1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sorry. I have OT on ignore, so all I saw was your post. I lacked all context.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can accept that. Racism isn't at the core of everyone who turns away from Hillary Clinton. She's done some bad stuff. There's a serious "anyone but Killary" current out there.

I think racism definitely plays a part for many of them. I think just as many are so enamored with change for the sake of change, that's their impetus. And some, like Tony, are so landlocked with their party that they can't see this isn't about parties anymore.

3. Neutral Corner

I know you are, but what am I?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If the Ds are rigging elections, why don't they control both sides of Congress, more governor offices and state houses?

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes this is the specific reason it was struck down. I was being a little more vague in my response to OT and mainly going off of the judge's quote of “The new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision” and “impose cures for problems that did not exist..." implying that the law went after a specific group which made it racist.

Like you, I really ought to keep OT on ignore.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So no, they're not all racist. I agree.

Which makes the oft-uttered insistence that they are every bit as bad --- worse, actually --- than tony's silly "strong women/weak women" remark.

"Rigging" is the wrong word (although Trump likes to use it).

He simply insists that it isn't a level playing field --- primarily because of the media. Agree or not, that's the crux of what he is saying.

And there just isn't the media blitz for the Congressman in the 34th District of South Dakota that there is for the POTUS. Thus, GOP does better in these races with far less media coverage.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Everyone is racist.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, he's talking about voter fraud and changing the outcome of elections - not media bias.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

He actually did fairly well for the first half hour. After that we were back to our regularly scheduled shitshow.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So in other words, he lacks stamina.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not in the vincinty of this conversation. But yes, that's also wrong.

12. Neutral Corner

I think Chris Wallace did the best job of all the debate moderators. It may be because he established early that he wasn't putting up with nonsense, or it may be that Trump knows that he's a big dog commentator at Fox and is less willing to high-hat him, but he really did well.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.