1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

She better be good looking, otherwise I won't believe it.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Cory Lewandowski was on CNN today complaining that the Trump GHBTP tape got 33 times as much media coverage as the Clinton Wikileaks story. My first thought was "Well, no shit. I don't know when I last heard something as explosive as that, and if you add in that it was said by a Presidential nominee, well duuuuhhh". My second was "Where the hell did you get that 33 times number?". Such a tool.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Machine Head

Michael Beschloss spoke the truth on MSNBC.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Raise

[​IMG]

Machine Head likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Apropos of nothing in particular, I saw them in Macon on that tour, with Freddie King and the Nightcrawlers. After all these years that's still on my top ten concerts list, maybe top five. They played till one in the morning or so, Great show.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

GOP staffers think he's a joke.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He's certainly doing a standup routine on the CNN panel tonight.

9. Machine Head

I saw them on their World Wide Texas tour in the mid 70s. They had a bull onstage, rattlesnakes. Great show, top five for me. Seven rows from the stage.

Buzzards, snakes and a live buffalo: inside ZZ Top’s World World Wide Texas tour

10. Neutral Corner

And that's from Los Cosuelos (sp?) in Houston, off Telephone Rd. Damn fine Tex-Mex, authentic as it gets. If you went for Sunday dinner, you'd get the families including little girls in frilly white dresses and patent leather shoes coming in from church. The Real Deal.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The discourse is only going to get uglier and uglier.

Trump-driven divide will consume GOP long after election

When Bannon was pressed about whether Trump would start a television network should he lose, Bannon grinned and said, “Trump is an entrepreneur.”

It is not just Breitbart, which Bannon ran until recently, that stands ready to claim the party’s future as its own. The conservative media, once dominated by high-minded journals and Fox News, has been supplanted by a galaxy of websites such as Infowars, which is led by Alex Jones, who calls the 9/11 terrorists attacks an inside job. In a sign of his growing influence, the Clinton campaign featured Jones this month in an attack ad against Trump.

Articles on those outlets have found their way into Trump’s speeches and been spread widely across platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, often building into a frenzy that leaves traditional GOP messengers unable to shape the consensus within their own party.

“Forget the press — read the Internet,” Trump told his supporters Tuesday in Colorado. “Study over things,” he added. “Don’t go for the mainstream media.”

12. Machine Head

Read somewhere that this spread was from a restaurant that Billy Gibbons used to frequent, maybe in Houston?

Edit: See NC knows the particulars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.