1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I hope there's at least one, and a few Dumpfsters are turned into grease spots on the pavement in the process.
    Nasty burn by HRC on this: "A 6-foot painting of themselves? Who does that??"

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Riot? No. But there is a certain fanaticism that his supporters have, even moreso than the Sanders crew. They kind of remind me of the diehard Joe Paterno loyalists, who you just can't have a reasonable and logical discussion with.

Riots? Probably not, but I do expect to see some public protests the way we did at the DNC for Bernie.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Rasmussen has it +3 this morning. IBD/TIPP Tracking has it Trump +1 in a four-way.

Holy shit, is it still possible that he wins this fucking thing? Why does he have momentum? Wikileaks?

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Pro tip for the GOP: Next time you want to nominate a transformative candidate who is going to shake up the establishment and make us great again, make it someone who can speak in complete sentences on subjects of importance.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nobody gives a fuck if Trump concedes graciously or not. Most overblown takeaway from the debate.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Joe and Mika are so defensive.

Getting taken to the woodshed by Bill Kristol, of all people, really upset them.

7. Dick Whitman

And I understand that context matters, because he's been off on his "rigged" rant for the last week, but you can almost understand what he's saying, if a normal person was asked. Wallace is asking him to decide something based upon facts that are unknowable right now. Now, a normal person would have said, "It's unlikely that I would contest the election results. But look what happened in 2000."

Stoney likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

I love the show, but they are extremely defensive.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

12:09 a.m. EST, Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016. Network cameras have for the last 39 minutes shown an empty dais with a "TRUMP/PENCE" sign. In the corner of the screen is a map of the U.S. with every state in blue, save a narrow swath of red down the middle from the Dakotas through Missouri to Alabama. Just as the sound of anxiety creeps into the voice of the commentator trying desperately to fill time, Donald Trump walks to the podium to the sounds of thunderous applause. Trump holds up his hands to silence the crowd, assumes his most CEO-like posture, and begins to speak.

My fellow Americans:

I started this campaign by calling Mexicans "rapists" and "criminals." And you supported me.

(Cheers)

I said that the father of a fellow Republican campaigning for president was involved in the Kennedy assassination. And you stuck by me.

("Lyin' Ted! Lyin' Ted!")

I insulted the honor of a former POW and attacked the parents of a man who was killed serving our country in Iraq. And your support grew even stronger.

(a few muffled murmurs)

I said that if I won the election, I'd put Hillary Clinton in jail, in full defiance of all traditions of our great democracy.

("Lock her up! Lock her up!" He has regained the crowd.)

And you still supported me.

I singlehandedly brought Miss Universe ... Rosie O'Donnell ... and the word "pussy" ... into American political discussion. And you stayed right behind me.

I challenged my fellow Republicans. I challenged the concept of political discourse. I said I'd challenge the legitimacy of this very election. And you were RIGHT THERE WITH ME all the way!

(Deafening cheers)

So, my fellow Americans, I have a question for you:

(long, long pause, as Trump fixes gaze straight into the camera)

How fucking stupid are you people?

(a few uncomfortable laughs, then stunned silence)

Seriously?

I wasn't running a political campaign. I didn't want to be President. Why would I do that? Being President of this country would be a step down for me. My very existence is evidence that America is great. I just wanted to see how far you people would let me take it.

And 40 percent -- FORTY PERCENT -- of you people fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. Unbelievable. Tremendous!

You people are a disaster.

I want ALL YOU PEOPLE to call your cable company right now and demand the Trump News Network. Follow our YouTube channel. There's so much more to come, folks, and clearly, you of all people won't want to miss it. Tune in tomorrow, starting at noon Eastern/11 Central. If you don't do it, YOU'RE FIRED.

Fin

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He refuses to express confidence in the American electoral system. Based on nothing but his own paranoia.

That's a pretty big deal.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Morning Blowjob, primarily the poofter Scarborough himself, sucked Trump's nuts for 16 solid months with two or three two-day intermissions for brief bursts of outrage following particularly reprehensible gaffes by Fucko.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A combination of shitty methodology and the inevitable outlier when you have this many polls. Rasmussen particularly has a notoriously Republican-leaning methodology. They also had Romney up 2 or 3 at this point.

Trump has no momentum. The overall polling picture is still utterly dismal for him, as is the early voting data. The Princeton Election Consortium model now has him down to 1%, Benchmark Politics has it at 6%, and 538 at 13.

Essentially, Trump's chances in any model are down to whatever uncertainty they baked in for "well, we only have about 40 years of good polling data to train the model, so maybe there is a once-a-century polling miss the size of which we haven't seen before."

I know you know all this, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.