1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why is it a big deal? Whats' the worst cases-scenario here that I'm missing? A White Man March on Washington?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think you and Lugs and DD are all underestimating what's going to happen come Nov. 9. Some shit is going to burn. The type of people who are saying he still has a chance, the type of people who can't hear anything negative about him, these are just the type of people who would demonstrate their anger with the system.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know all of this, but Rasmussen and LA Times have at least accurately indicated momentum. They are terribly inaccurate, but somewhat precise, I guess.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Except when have they ever? They show up to town hall meetings, yell at the board members for a few minutes, then go home and watch Hannity and O'Reilly.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Anyone watch the TCM movie lineup last night?

Fail Safe

Advise & Consent

Seven Days in May

Three powerful and relevant movies. TCM sure teed those up for 19 OCT.

7. jr/shotglass

I think, Dick, that they feel more enfranchised here. They feel they have some power and justification in numbers. That if they swing their fist this time, somebody's going to be on each shoulder swinging their fist with them.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't necessarily think there will be widespread violence. I do think there will be some at polling places on Election Day itself - mainly by angry white "fraudseekers," but that's probably the worst we'll see.

I'm more talking about a major-party candidate for president of the United States who steadfastly believes the country he's asking to lead has an illegitimate democracy - again, based on nothing but his own petulance and Steve Bannon's whispers. That should be an automatic disqualification for any candidate, let alone one for our highest office.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is there a doctor in the house?

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That is a conclusion you can only reach by cherry picking those two polls. There were twice as many bad polls for Trump nationally in the last 36 hours, and none of the state polls were in line with a close race except maybe a good one in Missouri.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I thought he overreacted. His admonitions seemed more preemptive than restorative of order.

12. jr/shotglass

I much preferred that to the previous debate when you could tell the temperature of the room too easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.