1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This post got overlooked a little bit, I think. But it sums up Trump's run well (minus the drugs part, I hope, and think).

I think this was just something Trump genuinely wanted to do, so he tried, as politically inexperienced and unprepared as he was, just because he could. More than the inexperience, his undoing has been an inability to just shut up and listen and learn quickly to be presidential in words and actions along the way.

He was better-sounding in the last two debates than he ever was while spewing previous vitriol, and I liked that both candidates finally got made to focus on the issues last night -- Chris Wallace was the real clear winner in this debate -- and he's made progress lately. But now, Trump's just out of time and doesn't have enough of a base, or enough further opportunity to build up that base, anymore.

There was a real sense of subdued resignation behind Trump's speech last night, and frankly, a too-soon letdown in this election now, too.

No one will be excited to go to the polls in a couple weeks, you'll just do it, like when you get a jury-duty summons.

Batman likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, once a decade or so I have my moments. A few years ago I kicked some fucker down 10 rows of seats at a Rolling Stones concert after he lit up a cig, blew smoke in my face, I asked him nicely to stop, I asked him not so nicely to stop, I told him to put the fucking cigarette out, he laughed and turned back to the music, I planted my foot square in his ass and sent him face first down the concrete steps. That was the end of the smoke attack. You never know.
    For one brief shining moment I had Made America Great Again.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

First, my disclaimer, which I'm sure @cranberry will again join: I'm perfectly excited to vote for her. Been waiting for a long time to do it.

Now:

I think you're onto something, and it's something I've been thinking lately, too. Donald Trump needed to try and fail at this about four to eight years ago, in the Republican primaries, to understand what it takes. He's making all his mistakes in the major leagues.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In the last two debates alone he has called his opponent the devil, promised to have her jailed, falsely accused her of wanting full-term babies "ripped from the womb" and killed, talked over her to parrot back an insult like he's a second grade in the Redbird reading group (You're a puppet, you're a puppet!) and referred to her as a "nasty woman."

And yet despite all that, you may be sadly right.

5. Dick Whitman

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

True. Although he is going to be the First Gentleman.

I guess what I wonder is: Is it right to keep giving Trump's accusers a constant platform to make allegations without proof?

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Of course it's not fair. But life isn't fair. Everyone in the public eye faces wrongful accusations way too often. However, since Donald is not afraid to file lawsuits, why hasn't he filed one against any of his accusers?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I know George W Bush is more into making oil paintings of puppies and his toes these days, but he really needs to come out and address Trump's unwillingness to adhere to small-d democratic norms when it comes to accepting election results.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've often wondered the same thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've always liked HW. I always wished he could have served another term before Clinton took office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.