1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You put a boot in his ass to stand up for the American way?
    Sounds more like a Toby Keith concert.

Big Circus and Iron_chet like this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Or the roadies tuning guitars for a Hank Williams Jr. concert at a state fair near you. BE THERE!!!!

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Far be it for me to impugn the mainstream credentials of LifeZette and LawNewz.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Eh, the only thing that bothered me was the "ripped from the womb" stuff, and even that probably was more because of the graphic-ness of it than anything else.

Calling her the devil was and always has been just hyperbole. Never moved me. The comment about having her jailed was a reference to the issues with the emails and classified information, for which many, many people besides just Trump, rightly, think she should have been much more than just called upon. And, in context, it was a great comeback line besides. Nothing wrong with it at all, unless you just don't want anyone to dare suggest that Clinton did anything wrong.

He called her a puppet after she, you know, called him one. So again, unless only Clinton is allowed to fight dirty...I wasn't bothered much by it. He shouldn't have answered back, but that's an example of him not just keeping quiet when he should, and was a minor argumentative transgression. The "nasty woman" comment was dumb to do when he did it -- almost like an unintended catch on an unbeknownst live mic -- but it's his opinion and I don't think he cared at that point. Neither did I.

As I said, he's resigned, and so are the people -- the ones who are even going to vote, anyway.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, except virtually everything he said was demonstrably false.

What you need to know about debate fact-checks: Donald Trump lies. A lot. Tremendously. Big league.

• NBC News fact-checked 36 statements from the debate, 29 of them by Donald Trump. They found 25 of them to be some variation on false or wrong, with an additional “half right.”
    • The New York Times fact-checked 29 statements, 18 of them by Trump. Classifying the statements red, yellow, or green, Trump got two greens, seven yellows, and nine reds. By contrast, Clinton got eight greens, two yellows, and one red.

Your praise is like telling a chef his dinner was great, even though all his diners were sent to the hospital with e. coli.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The thing is that before you jail someone, they have to be convicted of something. Jailing your opponent after winning the presidency is banana republic or African dictator behavior.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

At which point you should have immediately been cuffed, frogmarched to a squad car, and transported to the nearest lockup to face assault charges.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not a matter of knowledge. It's a matter of access. In Alabama, the GOP governor closed DMV offices in 31 rural counties with high black population shortly after SCOTUS nuked the VRA. According to the Brennan Center, 500,000 eligible voters nationwide have no access to a car and live more than 10 miles from an ID office. A disproportionate number of these citizens are black or Hispanic.
    In North Carolina, the legislature was so overtly racist that its abomination of a voter ID law was vehemently rejected by an appellate court that had only to quote the lawmakers themselves in order to strike it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I put a boot up his ass to stand up for me paying $120 not to sit for two hours in some fucker's Marlboro smoke.

Yeah, but I wasn't. Everywhere I hear the sound of marching charging feet, boy!

Somehow I suspect the next time Marlboro boy got asked to put his ciggy out, he did.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Starman hasn't been funny for at least two years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.