1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The lawsuit wasn't.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

So, I guess Clinton was lucky...That's the sentiment I think Trump was expressing, and I wasn't bothered by it, at all. I don't think others were as outraged by it as it as much as they claim, either.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Put that cigarette out.

Iron_chet, HanSenSE and JC like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Take a look at those two numbers.

That doesn't make anyone pause?

Let me state it in a way that may resonate here:

"Officials called 36 penalties in the national championship game, 29 against the team that wasn't from the SEC."

Now we have a real beef . . . :rolleyes:

Batman likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If she wins, Hillary will have one of at least 20 feet. The only reason she's running is self glory and ego gratification.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I read another list this morning (can't remember the byline) that also debunked Trump more often than Clinton. I noticed. I'm no Trump supporter but, yeah, as journos you gotta be careful about that. Even if you probably can do the Trump side a lot faster -- which might just be the problem. It's the lower-hanging fruit.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When Hillary wins she will have the Capitol dome repainted in flesh color to represent her tit.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What do you know? You've been in a psychotic stupor for eight years.

JC likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's the fault of Trump and the Republican Party that this is still the major issue that it is.

Last year, the GOP was talking about bringing up Lewinsky and Bill's other previous 20+ years ago issues. I said a
    at that time that it would be a mistake, because an entire generation wouldn't know about them, or frankly care, and that the GOP should focus on looking ahead to the future.

Instead, they focused on the past, which opened up into looking into their own candidate's unseemly past. And then Trump continued to double down on it by continually focusing on Bill instead of articulating his future plans (whatever the hell they are) for the country.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't doubt the stats. Trump hasn't gotten up on the issues and general knowledge, etc., as he should have before his campaign or during it. I've said that it's a shortcoming of his. But I do wonder why NBC News fact-checked only seven references by Clinton, and the NYT only 11? I guess we don't need to know when she lies. And we probably wouldn't, if not for James Comey and his investigation, which, again, let her off the hook because she's Hillary Clinton.

Trump speaks off the cuff all the time, and anybody can tell he's not as knowledgeable or informed as Clinton. But I still think a lot of people would've forgiven him all that in favor of change regarding issues he tended to be stronger -- for better or worse -- in, like jobs, the economy and immigration. Had he stayed focused on those, and come up with real, potentially viable plans for those issues, he'd have much more legitimately strong support.

old_tony likes this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That man doesn't exist. You keep waiting for him to change, he's not, he never will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.