1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Exhibit No. 6 bajillion of him not knowing what the fuck he's doing.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll amend ... it appears earlier (in the piece) in a very milquetoast swat at Herself: "She said the law was aimed partly at keeping guns out of the hands of toddlers, though that was not the main argument District leaders made at the time of the Supreme Court case."

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's because they were two different statements. The toddler one is third from the top:

Fact-checking the third Clinton-Trump presidential debate

Clinton was referring to the Supreme Court’s decision in Heller v. District of Columbia. But the major issue in the case was not whether children would have access to guns; it was whether the District’s ban on private possession of handguns violated the Second Amendment.

The District had the strictest gun law in the country, prohibiting ownership of handguns and requiring shotguns and rifles to be unloaded and disassembled when they are stored. The court ruled in a 5-4 decision that the District’s ban violated the Second Amendment.

Or, you know, we could go with the massive coverup theory and say the fact that it was fact-checked is only more evidence that it wasn't.

Either way.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

And you're disappointing me by not answering the actual posts.

Have you read the last few pages? I've said, shared and tried to point out or explain more points than most in the interests of attempting to expand this discussion, and provide other possible thought processes besides, "It's Trump. Whaddya expect?" or something along those lines, and how Trump or anyone who would have ever even considered him as a candidate can't possibly be anything but wrong, stupid, insane, or all three, no matter what.

You think Clinton didn't conveniently get away with her lies and rule-breaks and any possible/probable dangers surrounding her classified emails and information? You think she hasn't been able to conveniently pivot away from allegations surrounding her husband's actions with women that are similar to those involving Trump (while he has not, precisely because he's just not as good at it as her)? You think she didn't turn sideways any questions involving the Clinton Foundation and long-running pay-for-play tactics that Chris Wallace tried to ask? And what does that say -- maybe even prove -- about her regarding her willingness to be transparent? You don't think that fact-checking was decidedly one-sided? You think Clinton is always right and always truthful and honest?

Well, I don't.

But I'll probably be voting for her, anyway, just like practically everyone else who just knows she's just a more professional politician and has more experience in her field than her opponent.

That doesn't stop me from acknowledging progress and improvement that Trump has made recently, but too late, now. I'm disappointed in that because I don't care for Clinton, and I'm quite capable of speaking to both sides and discussing both sides of issues, and of crossing party lines if I think that's warranted and the best thing to do. If Trump had performed better, I might have done that, and I can see how others might vote for him, whether they would be crossing party lines, or not.

Clinton voters are not the only ones who should be addressed and catered to, just because they may be more professional, or even, more numerous. This isn't a game, and it isn't a game story, something to be focused almost invariably, and entirely, and positively, upon the winner. Particularly not now, before she wins.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Guess you'll have to get with the fact-checkers...

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Trump has made progress and improvement?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think she's just talking about his performance in debates, not as an overall campaigner.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, you're the one whining about it and offering vague assertions that she must've lied about something.

So let's have it. I'll volunteer to fact-check it personally.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Brennan Center? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Anything he say that wasn't accurate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.