1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Temperature drop resulting in more coffee sales?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

All those adventures during the Lethal Weapon years sure made Martin a bitter man. I hope Murtaugh is okay.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Everyone knows Trump will get 266 Electoral Votes and the election will be decided by the House.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes. I doubt that very, very much.

There might be an article written about it. I'm sure somewhere in the wide-ranging rosters of the millions of people who could be called "Democrats" someone would advocate it. But it wouldn't come close to being a mainstream effort.

In 2000, Gore had the popular vote and an arguably legitimate beef over Florida, Bush only had 271 electoral votes and nobody important tried it then.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sure how that would even resolve itself. They vote by state delegation and I *think* you need an outright majority, so 26. Trump would be the favorite in the Republican controlled House, but between never-Trumpers, McMullin and the argument if Clinton won the popular vote, we might end up with Acting President Paul Ryan for awhile.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It was a silly joke, but the Senate would cast individual votes for veep. Choice of top two, so either Acting Pres. Kaine or Pence.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since any "faithless elector" who actually turned an election (all previous ones have been symbolic protest votes) would be ruining his/her and their families entire lives forever, I don't believe it will ever happen.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You have to believe anyone who actually did it would be very very very well-taken care of for the rest of their lives.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And David Duke, running as a Republican, qualifies for the Louisiana Senate primary with 5.1 percent of the populace in polling. Nice party you've got there, GOP.

Former KKK Leader David Duke Qualifies for US Senate Race Debate

Duke and a gaggle of others are vying to replace Conservative Hero David Vitter, prostitution customer and, of course, member of The One and Only Official Party of Christian Family Values.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New York Daily News wrote a 14-chapter, 7,900-word editorial blasting Trump.

News to America: Bury Trump in a Landslide

After a quick skim, I must say that I'm disappointed there was nothing in there about him fucking up the USFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.