1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I see Tits McGee is returning to big time journalism.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great pull. Underrated flick.

Big Circus, TowelWaver and Killick like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not living in a fantasy land as it pertains to health care. Many nations have socialized medicine, some even with single payer systems. It's better than what we have now.

I'm not generally a communist. I'd just as soon churches do more of it. But health care is too complex and too daunting at this point. Especially in areas of mental health. Churches either go with the "trainee in social services" route or herd seriously ill people off to the church counselor (that guy is usually more of the "let's talk about your marriage" speed).

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Again, I'll ask: To what extent would we ever ask the JFK question anymore? Does it need to be a war? In the last Iraq War, Bush told people that their role was to buy stuff.

I'm just asking. Health care is a serious moral issue, or it's not, and it's every man and family for himself and itself. And that's fine.

But if health care for poor and sick people can't move the needle, yeesh. What does?

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

For real?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"I’m sorry, Ivanka, I really am, because your mother raised you well and I can’t blame you for supporting your father (even if he did give—at the least—his blessing when you were 15 and signed on as a model yourself with Elite, the hard-partying high-end agency founded by notorious teen-fucker John Casablancas) but here’s the sad truth: Your dad’s not a dog. He’s a pig. "

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're a non-profit the way that the NFL was.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When it comes to feeding the poor, clothes and whatnot? Yes.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

OK, misunderstood then, thought you were saying the church should do more in terms of health care.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I 100% agree there, and think our churches have fallen short in many ways. I was interested to read about Medi-Share, which is a Christian health co-op (basically). It certainly isn't for everyone, but could be helpful to some.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ah, flashbacks to the living hell that was a month of being night editor at a small daily in Arizona when they hired a ME straight from a supermarket tab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.