1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the church can't do much more than it does.

I frankly don't love churches Running hospitals that charge too much.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maybe this should go on the
    Because doctors are high-achieving, high-educated people who place a very high value on money, while cops are middling-educated, middling-achieving people who place a high value on civil service security. Which is not to say there aren't supersmart cops and really dumb doctors, it's a class thing.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh it's fairly true. And it makes sense that it be true - many governors want the law to fail.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It makes sense that way because you want it to be that way. You're confusing wishes with facts. The fancy term for that is, as I understand it, motivated reasoning. I think @RickStain's an expert on it.

SpeedTchr and RickStain like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it's a "cops stop bad people and we should be able to handle our own health" thing, myself.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Among many other things

8. doctorquant

If police services were run the way you'd like medical care to be, a 76-year-old diabetic calling about a gunman in his living room would be told that his time has passed and to just enjoy his remaining minutes.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I need to know what race both are before I have an opinion on that scenario.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with that. Its failure is toward a greater good, in the minds of those governors.

If it's working, that, in itself, is kind of a failure.

It's a clever tactic.

11. doctorquant

You seem to have missed the point here. And hang on before responding, I inadvertently hit post too soon.

ETA: The point is that @cranberry's assertion that the states with the "biggest" ACA issues could be predicted by their non-embrace of the ACA is not as slam-a-dunk-a as you might wish.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Again: lots of countries have socialized medicine. They do ok. It's made out to be a bogeyman that it is not. It's different. Waiting rooms aren't often like hotel lobbies. But it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.