1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I understand you were being sarcastic about "rigging" the election, but people do seem aghast that Trump would try to suppress the vote of those who are most likely to vote against him if they were to go to the polls.

This is SOP. Campaigns play offense and defense. This is the defense.

But, somehow, because Trump's campaign is trying to suppress the vote of women and minorities, it's terribly offensive.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is exactly the danger of Trump calling this a rigged election and saying that Hillary should be in jail instead of being in office. If enough of his deplorable followers act on this, people get hurt.

And the only reason Trump is saying all this crap is because he can't handle being seen as losing and has to bake in a fake excuse, damn the consequences.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Most campaigns and candidates are smart enough to dance around it and couch it in terms other than "supress the vote."

For example, saying you want to make sure that only registered voters with verifiable ID vote sounds so much better than saying you want to keep as many poor black people from voting as possible.

Even if the goal is the same in both cases.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A campaign trying to demoralize the other side's core voters using facts or twisted facts or outright propaganda is as old as electioneering.

High campaign officials who are stupid enough to refer to that as "suppressing the vote", particularly when the suppression of voter rights is currently a hot button issue, that's new.

SnarkShark, UPChip and Cosmo like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The revolution will be playing hooky.

Concerned for safety, some schools closing on Election Day

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I hear ya on this, but, man, it's a photo ID. It doesn't strike me as that high a bar to clear once every four years.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some people don't photograph well.

Riptide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.