1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Songbird and TowelWaver like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Honestly I think the question right now is how close does Trump make it. Does HRC win 272-266 or is it a 352-186 rout? The fact Hillary doesn't need to rely on Florida, Ohio and/or Nevada to win is a huge indicator of Trump's chances.

Spiking the football, however, is premature. Odds are of Trump winning are extremely slim, but there is that chance. Polls are not even close to what they were in 1948, but there always could be a Dewey defeats Truman moment. Statistical sampling is so much better which is why saying the polls are wrong sounds desparate, but people lie or could change their minds. I wouldn't bet the house on that, I wouldn't bet a dollar on it, but until the results are final, I at least will be on edge.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He made three stops in Ohio today.

The DC event wasn't a campaign event, so the campaign won't be sending a bill.

Let's try to be somewhat factual, shall we.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He made campaign remarks in DC, it's a campaign stop. Trump will bill the campaign and he will instruct the campaign to pay the bill. His entire existence is a business expense. One of the reasons he won't disclose his taxes or his businesses taxes is that he pays, personally, for nothing.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're wrong, and I suspect you know you are wrong, but don't care.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump's chances of winning at this point are about the same as McMullin. I can draw a path but it is so improbable as not to be considered.

The map of states he isn't even trying for because they are too far gone already gets Clinton to 272

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. I'm right Trump is a cheat. He doesn't push the envelope of legal tax deductions, he takes what he wants and dares you to investigate. He sells products on his campaign web site and asks for donations. He makes money on his merchandise. He's a liar about everything and doubles down when confronted.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mark Kirk went bigly racist tonight in Illinois Senate debate vs. Tammy Duckworth.

Bigly.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Olbermann said something to that effect on Twitter and I was curious about what he said/did. Summary?

10. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Bart Simpson's failed run at class president keeps me from becoming too confident.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Moddy,

He's going to win. Brace yourself for it.

VB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.