1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't posted on this thread. I generally think America is getting what it deserves with this election. That's all I have to say about that (as Forrest Gump would say).

But just weighing in to point out that out of all of the turmoil in markets I have been watching over the last hour + because of the FBI / Clinton news -- all of it related to the uncertainty and a potential Trump victory suddenly getting new odds -- the one that was cracking me up the most was watching the Mexican Peso suddenly plunge.

It's funny on one level. But horrifying on another. We have been having wild currency swings unlike anything we have seen in ages, because of central banks and how much unwieldy debt is sloshing around because of them. Those unpredictable and wild moves do more to create worldwide instability than most people understand.

With regard to this, though, I sat here watching the Mexican peso move on this news, and laughed. But I also know that kind of thing can have very wide-ranging consequences that might potentially negatively impact people more than a lot of small things people sit around debating. And it's too bad.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not reading all that. I'm assuming Ragu just said "buy gold."

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good and hard, too.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All depends on how the vice presidential nominee spells tomato.

5. HanSenSE

Per a CNN reporter, the wifi on the plane was down. Nobody knew a thing until they hit the ground, neither the media or the campaign. Suspect we'll hear something soon.

Nobody seems to know, yet. And as much as we'd like them to spill, there's no way the FBI lets us know. Ongoing investigation and all that.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree it's funny how sharp financial people react to news -- either trying to get ahead of something or resigning themselves to action assuming they have to be ahead of the reactionary sheep.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Good news is our produce will be cheaper.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You must not listen to a lick of conservative talk radio. This storyline has been talked to death for months (compiled form real things real radio people have said):

FBI director's family is threatened by "Killary" Clinton so he goes easy on her.

He develops a bit of a spine and now can't completely let her walk.

Of course, he will keep the juicy stuff under wraps until after the election.

On Nov. 9, when Comey and friends come to slap the cuffs on pres-elect Hillary, Obama will be waiting with a pardon.

Darn you, Obama!

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

You forgot the part where they take away all our guns, replace Bibles with the Koran and announce the results of the meeting of the Obamacare death committee. Keep slipping like that and you can kiss the Plain Dealer goodbye.

Ace likes this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's funny how for months the right-wingnuts and their callers have moaned and complained about how Obama's gonna pardon Hillary.

Potential future life is so unfair!

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What show did you hear that on?

I listen to right wing talk radio most days. That's not been the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.