1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Emerson poll is junk. Don't call cell phones, so just add numbers to make up discrepancy. Monmouth is a reliable pollster. Once again, race always gets closer as it gets closer to Election Day and party loyalty pull gets stronger.
    PS:ABC poll numbers are 100 percent affected by assessing how likely people are to vote. Trump's getting more likely Republican voters, while Clinton's number is pretty stagnant.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes. "News." I've seen breathless reporting that this is a bombshell, the October surprise, etc. It's the FBI doing due diligence. I'm willing to believe it could be the "bombshell," but it isn't there yet.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sounds awfully passive.

How about, "FBI reopens criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton."

[​IMG]

4. Michael_ Gee

Because that's not what they did? I am willing to stipulate that we don't know shit, given the conflicting leaks from the FBI, all of which have walked back your premise in a major way.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Goddamn, YF. Put it back in your pants.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

PS: Kyle Kondik of Larry Sabato's shop says that because the Post-ABC poll is more volatile than actual electorate is, because of its intention to vote screen, may well show Trump leading in a day or so. YF, stay away from your own product if that happens.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Watching Clinton trying to close this out is like watching Mike McCarthy nurse a 10-point fourth quarter lead against the Jaguars. Uninspiring and with no vision.

Cosmo likes this.
  8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I thought I saw IBD with Clinton+3 today. That is the biggest lead yet in "the most accurate poll".

9. Michael_ Gee

There's really not much any campaign can do once the debates are over except fly around the country from rally to rally in the states where they think it'll do the most good. In her usual way, Clinton has probably provided more policy proposals than any Democrat before her. There's nothing she can do about what Republican voters decide to do. That's on them. The "big lead" story was probably way overdone 10 days ago.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11/9/16 can't possibly get here soon enough for her.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because they haven't?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

More evidence that the Clintons believe they are above the law!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.