1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Donald Trump brags about sexual assault" ≠ "Donald Trump sexually assaulted [insert accuser's name here]."

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

First order of business, all presidential functions will be held in Trump properties. Man has never been shy about leveraging everything he can to line his pockets.

As for the polls, tightening was coming. As we get closer to election day, more republicans come home. I was listening to a podcast with ex-Obama staffers that had a pretty interesting outlook. Basically, the polls campaigns run are getting better and better, more targeted and accurate. The polls the public sees are getting worse and worse because media outlets used to commission them, and the money to do better ones is drying up. They also kind of call and call and call, leading to smaller swings that become less and less meaningful.

They also shared that McCain staffers spent the last month or so of 2008 relaxed because they already knew they lost.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Totally unscientific but driving 400 miles thru Wisconsin to see in laws. Seeing a ton of Trump signs. They're everywhere. Wisconsin has a lot of white people, manufacturing jobs and supper clubs. Trump wheelhouse.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When is the last "major upset" in a general election? Indiana in '08?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Good read. I was especially intrigued by the senior Trump adviser describing the mood of denial in the Trump camp as being like the Hitler camp in the final days before his death.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You don't know that.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Be careful how you interpret that. Trump supporters are much more likely to post signs in their front yard, and I don't know if I even need to explain that.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Agree but I live in an area where I know Trump supporters who keep their signs in the garage not to be mocked. Just found it interesting.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Can this legend die already? Nate Silver didn't invent the wheel. There are other people doing just what he does, just as accurately. Check out the professor from Princeton.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I did not find it even a little bit interesting

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

By definition, a 400-mile drive through Wisconsin puts you through a lot more countryside and small Rust Belt cities than inner city Milwaukee and college kid neighborhoods in Madison.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Whoa, sounds like a second or third hand guess.

You'd think the career professional agents would vet this as unique, fresh evidence, and disturbing too, BEFORE even bringing the subject up with Comey. Let alone letting him walk the plank and sticking his dick out like he did yesterday. Comey's first question should have been what's new about what you found?

Your duplicate argument is inconceivable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.