1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's break this down Dick:

1. In the course of an unrelated investigation, the FBI came across emails that "appear to be pertinent to our investigation".

2. "Our investigation" refers to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's handling of classified documents.

3. That investigation was publicly declared to have been concluded by the director of the FBI with no recommendation of charges to the Justice Department.

4. The investigation which had been previously concluded, is now active.

5. If the FBI is conducting an investigation, it is, by definition, a criminal investigation.

6. The investigation, which was previously determined to be concluded, but is now active, was into Hillary Clinton's handling of classified material.

Now, if all of the above statements are true -- and I believe them to be true -- how dies stinging them together into one sentence somehow make that sentence false and/or unfair.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

About half of those aren't true

3. YankeeFan

It's a good question.

I'd have to think about that/try to look it up.

4. YankeeFan

Go ahead...

5. RickStain

I don't need to. You'll be proven wrong, deflect to something else, then repeat the same incorrect statement a week from now when you think the heat has died down.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

FTFY

Kicked_to_the_curb likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

LOL. They weren't nonsensical statements like Baron is prone to make.

They were straightforward statements.

If half were false, say which half and demonstrate that they were false.

Don't play like you're too smart for this.

8. RickStain

Feel free to search the archives for when they were debunked the last time he was wrong about all this, back in the summer.

9. RickStain

I demonstrated how some of them were wrong in the summer and you are still bringing them back. There is a limit to my patience for explaining things. Now I'm just here to laugh at you for being so wrong so consistently often.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The letter Comey sent to Congress clearly states they don't know if these emails are significant or not.

So while the Trumpers are reading between the lines of the rest of the letter to find proof Hillary is going to jail, they ignore the part where Comey says "eh, this might not be anything at all."

11. RickStain

The incredible vagueness just proves it is incredibly damning and there will be an FBI mutiny if they don't lock her up. If they didn't have anything, they wouldn't let her know that. Duh.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

First, even stipulating all of your statements are true, it would still be a sensationalistic headline stripped of all context and a horrendous disservice to readers. Second, again, "re-opening a criminal investigation" likely is a term of art within the FBI. Maybe you think it's a buncha bullshit. But you can't say they are doing something that means a specific thing within that organization if they have not confirmed that is the case. Finally, there was immunity being given to people during this investigation, so, presumably, something "pertinent" to the investigation could have nothing to do with any inquiry into Cli ton herself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.