1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... so back in the summer he was wrong about the conclusion of an investigation that hadn't even been concluded yet? And back in the summer he was wrong about this twist -- the investigation of Weiner -- when said twist wasn't even on the radar vis-a-vis Herself's email? And back in the summer he was wrong to contend that the FBI investigation was a criminal one?

I could go on, but I'll just say wow. That's a whole lotta wrong to get done in advance.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Comey is having to send CYA memos around the office trying to justify why he is handling this case in ways way outside of protocol for pretty transparently political reasons. This is going to blow back on him far harder than it does on Clinton.

3. RickStain

Not all of his six statements were dependent on new information. Did you read them?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I did. It's pretty clear you didn't.

5. RickStain

Well, if it is pretty clear to you, who am I to disagree?

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The FBI guideline is to not comment on any investigation. Especially within 60 days of an election.

Comey may have been trying to be transparent. But the more responsible thing would have been to actually find out what is going on before injectong himself into this election.

What if this is nothing, if the emails are duplicates or cookie recipes? Why not get solid information first?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Where did the whole "only three emails" come from? Because if that's all there was, I'm pretty sure the FBI would have gone ahead and determined whether they were relevant or not before dropping this bombshell, even if it meant Comey working through lunch.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Anyone here ever brief a Captain or Admiral or higher?

You better have your homework done before briefing the top of your food chain.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No you didn't.

You made speculative comments that the what they were investigating was simply the forwarding of New York Times articles that contained information that, technically, remained classified, though it was widely known.

You were proved wrong about this, btw.

Even if you were right though, nothing I wrote in my list of facts would be proved false.

You can argue that it will turn out to be a nothing burger all you want. That doesn't change the fact that the FBI just reopened a criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton's handling of classified documents.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Inky saw it in some Tweets that he vaguely recalls.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. RickStain

Pretty sure "three emails" started with a Huffington Post reporter

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Trump brags about sexually assaulting women."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.