1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How Politico would have written its lede:

"Documents turned over to the U.S. House of Representatives show that FBI Director James Comey has been plotting to derail Hillary Clinton's campaign for the presidency."

RickStain and Dick Whitman like this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The whole problem with this entire email thing is that Comey didn't handle it right in July.

There's no way he could have or should have made the statement(s) he did regarding the investigation and what was found, and yet concluded that there should be no repercussions for Clinton. It was inexplicable then, and it's inexplicable now.

And yet, he did it.

This is either significant information that needs to be parsed quickly and released before the election, or it's nothing. I tend to think it's the former because, otherwise, I really don't think Comey would stick his neck out again.

But then again, he did it wrong the first time, too, so...who knows?

Probably Comey.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sure, he could have. There was a standard for criminal behavior. She didn't rise to it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, I guess Hillary probably isn't going to reappoint Comey as FBI director when she's elected.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are we sure? All I've read the last few months is how he'a in the tank for her.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Hell, he might have just ruined Loretta Lynch's chances to stay on as Attorney General.

If she can't protect Hillary from a rogue FBI director, what use is she?

This coming on the heals of Biden turning down Secretary of Sate doesn't look good.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

She doesn't need to reappoint him, iirc. It is a 10-year term, though most don't serve it all.

NBC reporting FBI hasn't even actually read the emails and would need a court order to do so.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He was appointed to a 10-year term in 2013. So if she gets the chance to replace him, it means she held off the FBI revolt long enough to get re-elected.

10. YankeeFan

Well that's going to be awkward.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

And it's them vs. Milwaukee and Madison. The city/country divide in microcosm.

12. YankeeFan

Clinton supporters abuse homeless woman who supports Trump, and who was trying to protect his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I expect Hillary will be asked about this and will denounce these cowards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.