1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still, after this display of excrement, can he be effective, no matter who's in the Oval?

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Always is. I was also driving from Madison NE to damn near the UP and Marinette. Lots o' Trump and Johnson. The 920 pocket is heavy Republican anyway.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think a Trump presidency helps him. If Clinton wins I would expect to see him tender his resignation at some point probably in the first year.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Thought SJ Deep Throat wrote agents wouldn't revolt because they fear Killary would harm their families.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think he's out either way. After all, he was one of Trump's whipping boys until Friday, was he not? And no one pivots like Trump.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's the first cousin to the current National Enquirer cover (complete with "Worse than Watergate!" banner ripped from the Trump talking points) claiming she blackmailed the FBI into dropping the case. Did the dog eat the incriminating pictures?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That was the initial reporting.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think that is hard to assess in the middle of the silly season.

It is a very small percentage of what the FBI actually does. She is going to win and he is presumably good at his job to have gotten there. I don't think a pound of flesh is mandatory.

I'm also open to the interpretation that he isn't doing this intentionally and is just trying to tiptoe through the minefield in such a clumsy way that he is getting blown up by everyone.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Since Comey decided this is the best course of action, how about the FBI puts in a little overtime this weekend to get this cleaned up?

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He was Trump's whipping boy who also handed Trump one of his best attacks against Clinton. That July statement was beyond stupid but might have saved his job if Trump is in the White House especially if he promises complete FBI cooperation with that special procecuter who will throw Hillary in jail.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Speaking of pivots, if Trump wins he'll never mention Hillary Clinton's name again. Why bother?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He needs an enemy to keep people stirred up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.