1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is this really true? I'm not asking to challenge you for sport here. The story seems to be on hold, more than anything, because Comey was so close to the vest with his wording. For all we know, there could be 600 highly classified emails in there about the drone program that were not turned over by Clinton. Or there could be 10,000 recipes for chocolate chip cookies. We just don't know.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But this isn't an indictment so how is that comparable?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He had given sworn testimony stating that the criminal investigation into Hillary Clinton's handling of classified information had ended.

If the criminal investigation was reopened, he needed to change his previous answer, which is what he did.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But it isn't a 50/50 probability.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Always love the anonymous "law enforcement official" quote.

6. Dick Whitman

Over, as far as we know, recipe cards?

7. Dick Whitman

I know, but I'm strictly asking about the point that the Comey memo story "evaporated." It doesn't seem over to me, at all.

8. YankeeFan

Because the argument is that the FBI and/or prosecutors should take action in the final stages of a campaign that would have the potential to sway the results, especially if the case can't be resolved before election day.

There was no need to announce the Weinberger indictment when they did, and it ended up getting thrown out.

It was politics, and it turned an election, giving us thirty years of the Clintons.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That all you got?

10. YankeeFan

Has a single email from Hillary about yoga, recipes, or her daughter's wedding turned up yet?

They did find thousands of work related emails that she didn't turn over, which were recovered from other sources.

I'm not sure she's ever shared a recipe over email

If she's elected, this will hang over her presidency, as stuff will continue to dribble out for years.

11. YankeeFan

It's not. Clinton friendly media types have tried to paint it that way on twitter, and in other venues. It's wishful thinking, and Rick's bought into it.

12. Dick Whitman

OK. Let's say it is all material already turned over.

She's supposed to resign over that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.