1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Right. The application of his (and others') work would be to automate a much larger proportion prior to that involvement.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I give him more credit than that. He is not dumb. I only wish he'd acknowledge that the rest if us aren't, either.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wish to express my serious unhappiness about this election. If Trump should win I'll be much unhappier of course, but in some ways the cake is baked. The competitive zeal that such a part of the country's soul has overtaken politics to such an extent governance has become impossible. The FBI is only the latest institution to apparently be disintegrating due to internal political disagreements into a mess of feuding factions trading leaks instead of gunfire. Vile abuse has become a commonplace, not just on social media, either. Whatever the result Nov. 8, one half of the country will be consumed by hate and fear of the other half, meaning that the new President is pretty much fucked even if the winner happens to know something about government. This is either going to burn out of our society, or our society is in for the kinds of civil unrest that end democracies.
    So a shout out to you folks here. Our debates are heated (I've offered an apology myself in the last year to another poster) but almost never just plain mean. There are lines here we know we should not cross, and while we don't bat 1.000, we do all right. We've only been shut down for 24 hours this fall. so we're doing better than before.
    I trust that the supporters of the eventual victor will own her/his failures, as they are bound to come. I despair that I believe things will get worse no matter what (although at a much slower pace should Clinton win).

Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You say this kind of stuff about me, too, and I don't get it. Why is there some onus on us to pretend that someone has made a good point when they, in fact, have not?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, YF is not dumb at all. He does, however, often post things that he either did not read or simply hopes we won't do so.

6. Dick Whitman

I don't think that's what happens. I think he's so frantic to get something up and ding liberals that he doesn't fully vet it first.

7. jr/shotglass

A modicum of respect, Dick. That's what I'm talking about, and that's what you and YF often fail to include. That's where "smartest kids in the room" comes from.

Is that clear enough?

8. Dick Whitman

Do I call people names? Do I personally attack them? How is this disrespect in evidence? I'm not going to pretend I agree with you when I don't.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Would you like to guess what year her emails were released?

10. jr/shotglass

You talk down to us, Dick. And I don't know how I would educate you on how not to do that. You ... just ... do. I've taken this sidetrack as far as I'm willing to, though.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's a calling. After all, if you can put even one liberal on the defensive ...

12. Dick Whitman

How so?

I don't even think down to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.