1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is where I stand, and I'm pretty angry about the whole thing.

This will not change very many votes, but only because it is SO late in the game that there will be no time for any investigation or release of real or complete information to be done. Luckily for Clinton.

And only because there is no other option besides Trump. Luckily for Clinton.

And only because Clinton got away with her recklessness and intentional destructiveness and obvious lying and duplicity the first time around, when Comey let her off the hook, thus allowing everyone to "put this behind them," "move on" and i.e. ignore something that should not have just gone away. Again, luckily for Clinton.

Does anyone really believe that if say, Trump, or say, I, had been found, on a large, repeatedly occurring scale, to have done the things she did with government-related information, and basically obstructed justice as she did, and curried favor with an attorney general as her husband did, that Trump, or I, would not have been found to have risen to the level of criminal behavior?

I don't, and I can't believe people have not been more interested in this all along. But it's been a willful disinterest. Luckily for Clinton.

I'm sure she'll be laughing all the way to the White House.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Luckily for Clinton" how? You don't know a single thing about those emails.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

An article will make some large point.

10 paragraphs later, it will point out that this kind of thing has happened before, that the other side has done it, or that there's a chance it's not as bad as it looks at first glance.

Baron and OOPBot will seize on this latter point, as if it disqualifies everything that came first, and assume I didn't read far enough into the article to get there.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who cares if it's accurate if it speaks to a larger point, right?

6. YankeeFan

LOL. You know that's no what I'm saying.

In those cases I agree with you.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trumpists: This is your candidate and this is your tribe. Just remember that when you try to tell the rest of us that yours is the one and only party of Real American Values.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but a big part of the reason for our current disaster of Donald Trump, major-party presidential nominee, is that stupid assholes were made to believe they were on the right side of history.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

@WriteThinking yes. I absolutely believe that if it had involved anyone else, there would have been no investigation that the public ever heard about, if any at all.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

LOL.

The 606 is an old train line in Chicago that's been turned into an urban park/bike/running path. Part of it goes through a pretty Hispanic neighborhood. Months ago, I saw Trump piƱatas -- some of which had been hung in effigy -- in multiple yards.

Please don't try to occupy the moral heigh ground here by pointing to the worst of your opponents supporters.

Your side is no different.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Was it a year when history had been erased?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The idea that there is a "right side of history" ain't such a hot one, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.