1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Strap on, buddy, and enjoy the ride!

2. Vombatus

Better to take it one step further - Homo sapiens are fucking up the whole planet and should not have been born/created/evolved/whatever.

3. Vombatus

I think these pieces of info on Wikileaks are not coming from Russia - they are coming THROUGH Russian servers that allow anonymous passthroughs and spoofing. I would not be surprised to find out that the originators of all these leaks are from the IC and disgruntled FBI, routed to Assange through Russian servers.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So the "riot" was metaphorical?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just to answer your question and not to suggest any sort of trend, but my best friend is a dyed-in-the-wool Republican who early voted in North Carolina on Friday and, while he wondered on Facebook what was in the emails, he says he did not vote top of the ticket and only cast ballots in the other elections. He couldn't abide either the GOP or Dem nominees and considered voting Johnson akin to voting for the GOP nominee.

6. Vombatus

There's all kinds of ways to take action when pissed, besides the traditional pattern of "rioting", which can often lead to five finger discounted flatscreen TV sales better known as "looting".

So, sure, I could see leaks from within the US making there way through Russia to Assange and others.

But when it comes to rioting, I'm kind of partial to the Frankenstein type where the townsfolk use torches and pitchforks.

7. Vombatus

8. Vombatus

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, you two do share a lot of qualities.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A ride with the devil, it'll be.

But Americans want to dance with one, I think. The Internet and social media has beaten the shit out of us. We have no idea how to handle information, how to trust people, especially how to trust politicians who might have the slightest bit of ability to actually compromise or get two different sides to the table, so we vote, en masse, for minor, vague incompetents who'd willingly hand over the stage to whoever wanted to shout on it (Sanders), and a vainglorious lout who tells you he's the devil and gets credit for doing so...because everyone else is the devil, too.

Clinton is far from an ideal candidate, and she's a established liar - she'll probably abandon several of Sanders' platform issues once in office because Sanders liked unicorns...but my goodness, it'll take a substantial amount of outright hate for America to give the keys to Trump. He's banking on it, too.

Somehow, we've got to unplug from letting the Internet crush us with knowledge we didn't have 50 years ago. We're all tactics, no vision at this point. And for the people who still love the right spectrum of politics...if the GOP keeps this up, generations of millennials and the post-millennials will send that party so far down into the earth it'll cease see daylight. Whatever mindless gains now will be major losses one day.

wicked, I Should Coco and Riptide like this.
  12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Yeah, the focus has been on what a Trump administration would mean to minorities, women, education, the Constitution and the mangling of English. I'd hate to be in the military with Trump as my president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.