1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It doesn't really change the electoral math outside of some really fringey scenarios, but with early voting being so prominent and party ID data being available, we can basically already write off Nevada for Trump.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Hillary is elected, we'll probably have a Republican elected in 2020.

If Trump is elected, we probably won't have an election in 2020.
    The reason it's the first Tuesday after the first Monday? So the election doesn't fall on All Saints Day, which is a big holiday in many parts of the country. Otherwise, today would be Election Day.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is way too early to write in Republican victory in 2020.

I can see why it is tempting. Clinton's high unfavorables vs. the assumption that the GOP won't nominate a literally insane fascist in thrall to Russian interests.

We don't know what the national mood will be in four years of course.

But I also don't think it is a given that she runs again in 2020. She would be 73 next Election Day and 77 by the end of a second term.

Either way, Republicans still have to figure out how to get through their primary without vote-splitting their way to a Deplorable plurality *and* do something about their demographic problem. Those aren't insurmountable problems but they aren't gimme putts. If they come out with another candidate who turns off women and pees on Hispanics, which is very possible given their base, they lose yet again.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I think Clinton faces an out-of-the-blue primary challenger in '20. Not sure who at this point, but there'll be somebody. And she'll be so scandal-weakened at that point that 1/she may pull an LBJ and not run and/or 2/be highly vulnerable to said out-of-the-blue primary challenger.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

YF clearly thinks we are not. Like Trump, he is relying on Americans to be stupid.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She's not going to decide to quit because of any GOP-manufactured scandals. She wouldn't give them the satisfaction after all of thes years.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The poll is very likely correct in showing a close race today. But I ask a question, YF. How many "unenthusiatic" votes have you cast in your life? I've cast many.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who's got the tinfoil?

11. YankeeFan

This should help with white, working class voters:

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I voted, and for the first time in my adult life, not a single one was cast for a Republican.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.