1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump's chances up to 28 percent on 538. Highest since the 9/11 faint week. Panel discussion on the site (they know many more Democrats click it than Republicans) was about how panicked Democrats should be. Said it was somewhere between worry and anxiety, but made point Republicans still be higher on the panic scale.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They're overselling his chances because their model is. Their model is for some interesting reasons that they can't really change on the fly.

The Senate is a worry. Trump winning is not

3. Michael_ Gee

I disagree. Think it's gonna be a 50-50 proposition on Election Day.

4. RickStain

Take Colorado for example. 538 says "well, it hasn't been polled much, so it is fuzzy. Maybe Trump overperforms there and wins it."

The model doesn't realize that the reason that it hasn't been polled much is because Democrats kicked the shit out of Republicans in new voter registration so both sides knew it was gone and stopped treating it like a competitive state. And now that early voting data is coming in, we can see that Democrats are already way ahead of their usual winning margin there.

5. Michael_ Gee

All true. New Survey USA poll, however, shows Trump up 7 in NC. First poll he's led there in a month. Biggie will be the Marquette Law final poll of Wisconsin announced tomorrow. If he's up there, he's gonna be President.

6. RickStain

And Clinton had two separate polls this month putting her ahead in Alaska.

It isn't happening. It is over and he lost.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wow President Trump. Get used to it. In 10 months we'll be praying for Nixon, in 12 we'll be forced to pray for Putin.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

OK, so if I'm reading this right ... Clinton is up 43-34 in early voting in Iowa ... it's a dead heat in Florida. ... She's up 42-36 in Nevada. ... She's up 43-31 in NC. ... She's up 47-35 in West Virginia. (Wut?).

I could be reading this entire document wrong, though.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't believe ANY polls this year.

There is way too much of a potential factor of people not being honest with the pollsters.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fuck, I had to be the one who posted immediately after some big ass spreadsheet.

Neutral Corner and Big Circus like this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Trump does win, I think Miss USA should be a Cabinet position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.