1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You've turned into such a complete prick you can't help yourself. There are few people I've ever come across who are more sensitive to any kind of push back whatsoever than you are. It's sad, really.

Look: You have been saying for days that the internal polls are more accurate than the independent polling, even in aggregation. You explain why you think this is. Well, here's an example from four years ago where the candidate was utterly and completely wrong. It's not a "cute trick." It's an enormous hole in your theory.

You'll have some pithy comeback, and that's fine. I'm not going to read it. Go fuck yourself. Have a nice election. I deal with enough assholes in real life, I don't have to deal with it here, too.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think the answer doesn't lie so much with where she is, as who's vote she is courting.

She's going to Detroit to appeal to African-American voters, who are not nearly as enthused about her candidacy as they were with that of the first African-American president.

They're terrified that cousin Pookie won't get off the couch to vote for her. (And, why should he?)

Conservatives righty got blasted for expecting( hoping) that the demographics for the 2012 election would be closer to that of the 2010 midterms, than to the 2008 presidential election. We were wrong the election was much more like 2008.

But, even Hillary's camp know that 2016 won't be 2008 or 2012.

There's a lot of white voters in New Hampshire, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and even Minnesota. If African-Americans don't come out in big numbers for Hillary, all of those states become competitive.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Lighten up Francis. Pointing out why your tactic is wrong is not an attack on your honor, should you happen to have any.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yet, somehow, Clinton is the dishonest one in this race.

5. YankeeFan

I'm not going to lie. As much as, or more than, any other reason, I want Trump to win so I can rub it in the face of folks like Rick for the next four years.

God, that would be glorious.

SpeedTchr, RickStain and doctorquant like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are more Jill Stein voters in New Hampshire than African Americans.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Who's said there's only one?

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. YankeeFan

Old Conventional Wisdom: Ha ha! I thought the FBI was in revolt about Comey's decision not to charge Hillary. We were promised a revolt months ago. Where is it?

New Conventional Wisdom: How dare the FBI leak like they are in the final days of an election. They're acting in a partisan way, which is disgraceful.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah, but continue to throw smug (and uninformed) little jabs in there at people who dare question you is the hallmark of complete prick-ness.

10. RickStain

I know. That is intentional. I want you to get your hopes up because it is more fun that way when you find out yet again your worldview is wrong.

It is over, but I wouldn't be giving you the speech about how over it is every day if not for that.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. RickStain

You're not wrong, mr. Pot, my paint job is pretty black.

12. YankeeFan

Old Conventional Wisdom: Watergate was the height of journalism. A couple of young journalists, working the metro desk, saved our nation, with the help of a courageous leaker, who came forward, and brought down a President.

New Conventional Wisdom: It's outrageous that the FBI would leak information, that would effect an election. The FBI director should be fired, or resign, and the FBI itself needs to be investigated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.