1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of ironic that Badger's words were seen as over the top when coming from him, but elicted a shrug from Trump's supporters when he said all that stuff.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Killick likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Registered Republican will vote Republican. Didn't do so in blowout 2008.
    2. It is interesting you mention early voting. All available evidence, including polling (but people lie about voting) indicates Clinton is doing very well, way better than her overall polling numbers. Organization counts.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because people (quite rightly, I might add) don't take what politicians say all that personally?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump tied in Colorado and New Hampshire in new polling.

Still has a shot to win without Virginia, or any of the three big industrial Midwest states they'v been targeting.

[​IMG]

6. Michael_ Gee

He has to win every tossup on your map. Certainly doable, but a hard road.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It is zero days since the Cubs last won the World Series.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Most reporters don't know enough about early voting totals/trends/etc. Their stories are mostly based on spin from the campaigns.

African-American numbers are down vs. 2012. That's a huge concern for the Clinton campaign, but many of the stories are all about the huge advantage Dems have.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point. They don't have the gravitas of anonymouse message board posters.

dixiehack and Killick like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

YF, I don't use reporters as my source for early voting data. There are experts in the field, like Prof. McDonald of U of Florida. Is African American turnout for Clinton likely to be as high as for Obama? No. But is it falling off a cliff? So far, no.

Killick likes this.
  11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I, too, think he will... ah, fuck it. Couldn't keep a straight face.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

So while these reporters just don't know enough, you sir have the real skinny?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.