1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One nickname is referring to one's age, which is beyond the person's control. The other refers to one's personal behavior, which can be controlled by the person.

The two are not equivalent.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, he only had two at-bats in the Series, and didn't really affect the fix, so I guess you're good.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a neck and neck race, and I am saddened beyond measure, but I have come to believe Trump wins. What happens after that will not be pretty.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I do not know what kind of America I will wake up to November 9. But I know that the result of the election does not hinge on Election Day. What happens to the U.S. will be the cumulative effect of a campaign that has mainstreamed bigotry and is now mainstreaming – or at least severely playing down – white supremacist violence.

Our fate was sealed long before November 8 (and not because the election’s rigged)

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

I agree. We've opened Pandora's Box no matter what happens. Because I was eligible for the sex, drugs and rock and roll part, I have fond memories of the '60s. But it was also a dark and violent time, and that's where we're headed. What if there's a new crisis? Doesn't have to be another 9/11, another Lehman Bros. will do. Neither President Clinton nor President Trump could unite the country to fight it. The former is hated by half the country. So is the latter, but he's not even interested in uniting the country.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Didn't Hillary have a campaign ad telling hispanics she was like their abuela?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I call BS.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know why you would. Derogatory nicknames about being old, or being fat, or taking off on someone's name, are stupid.

Notice I've never complained about "Crooked Hillary."

11. Michael_ Gee

Trump and Clinton both have grandchildren, so I assume they get called Grandpa and Grandma every so often.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think McMullin's gonna win!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.