1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

We make our own legacies. She's not the same as Trump, not close. But she's such a bad candidate that it's a lot closer than it should be.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

First, I wasn't referring to WriteThinking. Second, you lose me when you use the generic "politician" in a pejorative way.

Disaffected is just another name for ignorant. Many of my fellow voters are ignorant, some are more proud about it than others.

Also, HRC is a great candidate and I'll be extremely proud to vote for her.

3. cranberry

It's not close, either.

4. Elliotte Friedman

I love Louis CK, but like Drew Carey when told his Libertarian vote was a waste: "Fuck that."

I'm sorry, but sometimes politicians need to be told they don't deserve a vote. If ever there was such an election, this is it. The two parties need to be told how bad they are.

This is what's going to happen: One of them (likely Clinton) is going to win. It's going to be all happy and smiles. "We won! We got the mandate! The people want us!" All positive spin, blah, blah, blah. Do you think the winner will look at all the damage and how bad this cycle was? Not a chance. It's all validation. Terrible. No accountability.

TyWebb, Stoney and SpeedTchr like this.
  5. cranberry

What do you even mean by "look at all the damage and how this cycle was"? It's not going to be her job to appease idiots.

6. Elliotte Friedman

I see the math and tend to agree. But you look at Obama the last few days. He's worried. Terrified, probably. The people in the trenches are a lot more concerned than you and Rick Stain are, and they see the same math you do. They are not taking any chances.

Cran, I'm disaffected. Sorry you see that as ignorant. But it's a perfect example of the problem. JR's right, it's snobbery.

7. cranberry

You're a lazy political analyst.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I barely know who this asshole is. Why would I care what he shits out? He's obviously a dick.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you don't vote, someone is going to win. If you truly think the Dem and GOP candidates are awful, youn send a stronger message voting for a third- or fourth-party candidate or writing in a candidate than sitting it out.

If you sit out, the assumption is that you just don't care. Not that you think the candidates are not worth voting for.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Elliotte Friedman

Okay. You're entitled to your opinion. Too bad you're unwilling to see mine.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So can I mark y ou down as an assholish sucker?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, she doesn't owe anything to the Bernie Bros ...

LongTimeListener and cranberry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.