1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised that YF doesn't really know the rules?

269-268 goes to the House too. And there is zero chance they would do the right thing

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So would Donald.

cranberry likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I guess they just forgot to report this:

The Clinton Foundation has confirmed it accepted a $1 million gift from Qatar while Hillary Clinton was U.S. secretary of state without informing the State Department, even though she had promised to let the agency review new or significantly increased support from foreign governments.

Qatari officials pledged the money in 2011 to mark the 65th birthday of Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton's husband, and sought to meet the former U.S. president in person the following year to present him the check, according to an email from a foundation official to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign chairman, John Podesta. The email, among thousands hacked from Podesta's account, was published last month by WikiLeaks.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ah shit. You're right. You need 270, period.

But, you're right, there isn't really a 270-268 scenario.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Serious question: are there any constitutions that don't? At least - any democratic ones?

RickStain likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hell, Great Britain's isn't even written down.

RickStain likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I guess if you get to the point it is a problem, a piece of paper won't save you either

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've been saved by many apiece of toilet paper.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Then there's the ultimate statement about the state of gridlock today: Another Florida happens and it goes to the Supreme Court. A Supreme Court that's down a man.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Reading an AP article in which a 50 year old cleaning lady from Manchester, N.H. says if Trump loses she and her kind will be down at the White House "with arms." This will not happen of course, but the level of insanity Trump is generating will be with us for eons. White rage. It's the new hip thing for the 21st century.

11. Michael_ Gee

PS: In remarks tonight, Trump says that liberating Mosul from ISIS benefits only Iran. The man is a fucking mental case. I'm old and well off and there's no real catastrophe a government can impose me except one, nuclear. This sumbitch will start one from pure stupidity.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nope, but thank you for bringing your usual blend of useless and wrong to the thread. The FTFY thing is a cheap, lazy gimmick. If you are going to do it, at least make a decent point, something you failed to do.

I already expressed my respect for Ty's choice, though I disagree with it. My issue with Write was that she actually seems proud of voting for somebody whose name she couldn't remember two days later. Did that point escape you or are you just being willfully ignorant in the service of your sad little obsession?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.