1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And while doing that, here's another Friday newsdump. This could be the end for Trump!

Trump's wife modeled in US prior to getting work visa

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, does Trump want to beat ISIS or not? It's almost like he hasn't thought things through, understand the situation or have a plan.

And "bomb the hell out of them" is not a plan.

3. Deskgrunt50

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So today at a rally Obama was heckled by some guy, and the crowd tried to shout him down. Obama told them to be quiet, the guy had a right to speak. It's on video. At a rally tonight, Trump said the exact opposite thing happened, that Obama told the guy to shut up. and went off on it for minutes. Not just a liar, disconnected from reality. And it won't cost him a vote, because he won't be called on it tomorrow. And even if he was, his voters know Obama's not capable of leadership and decency. It's a melanin problem.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How quickly we forget. It's a secret! Can't tip our hand, after all. Or the generals are going to get up from under the bus and give him a plan in 30 days! And if you don't like those answers, wait 15 minutes and he'll have another one!

Baron Scicluna and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

A true American keeps a fool-proof plan to beat ISIS a secret. Trump before country, always.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And if someone doesn't love Obama for how he responded, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Trump doesn't believe in anything other than electing him President. He's a liar, an idiot and simply lacks the intellectual depth to be a dog catcher, much less the president. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would vote for him.

Killick and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Actually, that did hurt Bush a bit. A bit matters in a close election.
    In other news, LV Review-Journal, proprietor Sheldon Adelson, posted incorrect early voting hour information on its website today. Just one of those things, I'm sure.

10. Deskgrunt50

The fact-free aspect of the Trump campaign is like nothing we've seen before.

If he gets elected, his supporters will end up even more angry. He can't, and has no intention to, do any of the things he says he'll do for working middle-class white guys.

I didn't see the Trump rally you're talking about @Michael_ Gee, but President Obama's response is on par.

Went to see Obama give a speech at a fundraiser in 2011. A protestor went off in the middle of it. Obama told the Secret Sevice to let him speak. Gave him a minute or two to state his case. It was a classy move and political genius.

Only time I've been in a room with a president. Obama really owns a room. A reason, Hillary has struggled, IMO, is that she's being compared to Obama and Bill Clinton as orators.

That's tough. Two of the best.

11. Michael_ Gee

Let's face it. A minority, I dunno what percentage, but let's say 20, of Trump's voters are stone racists. Many of 'em are anti-Semites too, and the men hate women on top. The other 80 percent are just Republicans who are so blinded by their fear and hate of losing that they'd rather vote for World War III than lose to another Clinton, especially a woman Clinton. Countries run on hate and fear always turn out well. It's in the history books.

britwrit likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Probably. But even a small impact is YUGE for the person already trailing.

As has been stated before, each candidate does better when they aren't the focus.

If the visa and affair stories put the focus on Trump during the Saturday and Sunday news cycles, it's bad for him. And he might make it worse in a stupid way, perhaps with a Twitter rant.

And it's two of the final three days that the focus might not be on EMAILS!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.