1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. Florida looks iffy as heck for Clinton. Polling has been relatively kind to her there, but early voting has been up on the Republican side and Obama won it by several points less than his national lead in 2012.

If she wins Florida, she is probably +3 or 4 nationally. It won't be a tipping point for her if things are close.

Fortunately, the same analysis shows us Colorado and Nevada are already won for her. Which brings us back to there only being one path: hold on to NC and get a ridiculous miracle in a solid blue state.

2. RickStain

I've seen some self-identified values voters say that he never cheated, but they'll just come up with a new rationalization to vote for the guy expressing their sublimated desires to fuck over brown people

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Joke's on you. I live in Minnesota and temps have been 20 degrees above normal. Guys are going out to their deer hunting blinds for the season opener today and it's 60 and sunny. (We haven't even had an official hard freeze yet and I live up north.)

4. RickStain

There is an argument that Clinton is going better with non-aligned voters in Florida than Obama did and has a bigger lead now than he did despite the party ID not reflecting it. Rumors of interals showing them up about 200k votes right now based on turning out Hispanic voters, including 100k that would be considered unlikely to vote most years.

I'm not sure I buy it, but if she does well in Florida, that would be why.

5. RickStain

Credit where credit is due, they can read early vote totals in the west correctly and are playing to their outs.

Michigan of course is a state that has been polled 35 times in 2016 and showed 35 Clinton leads, between 3 and double digits.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In its in-depth study of North Carolina, Times/Upshot has found that voters with no party registration have tended towards Clinton so far. There's a big difference between people who're registered as unaffiliated and self-reported "independents" who tend to be partisans wishing to disguise the fact.
    PS: Reminds me of one of my favorite election coverage stories. In 2006, Deval Patrick won the governor's race here in a landslide. A flustered announced reported that exit polling, "shows Patrick leading among key groups including men, women and independents."

RickStain likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Since football analogies are popular ...

Clinton fumbled the ball away with a late lead and a chance to ice the game. Fortunately, Trump blew off all of training camp.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The interesting thing about that tweet is that Pennsylvania is not on the list, but Georgia is.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Have no idea how Clinton could lose Michigan.

Trump: "We're going to eliminate the burden of EPA regulations!"
    Clinton: "Ummm... Flint."

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are defending the plan right after saying you weren't defending the plan.

Sure, that approach cuts down on the traffic, but it also attempts to make the money you are taking from people less obvious. It sounds like a way to rely on Americans being stupid or at least incurious. Can't say I'd be surprised to see Trump take that approach again.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think we expect different language from the President of the United States than we do from a performer at a concert. At least we should.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And in related news, learned via Facebook a college friend who lives on the SF Peninsula is in Nevada the next four days working for Clinton. Sorry, YF, this isn't the scandal you think it is. It's politics as usual -- what a concept!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.