1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump's Twitter army is half Russian trolls and half edgelord teenagers doing it to make you mad.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Jon Ralston is the go-to guy in Nevada politics. If he says Clinton will win Nevada, which he is based on early voting, I believe him.

If he's wrong, the whole thing is in real trouble. I'm not ready to think about that.

3. Deskgrunt50

#ItsWorking

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The way I understood their argument on that is that most of her popular vote gains in relation to Obama are in demographics that don't benefit her in the electoral (i.e. Latinos in California, Texas and other states that are either lost causes or sewn up), whereas her liabilities in relation to Obama (blacks in the rust belt, etc.) are things that will hurt her in swing states.

Doesn't hurt my feelings that they're lowballing Clinton on the run-in. Never hurts to have a good reason to go hard to the finish line.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

You did avoid the conversation that you're joking about people threatening Katy Tur and other journalists.

6. Deskgrunt50

Trump cancels Sunday rally in Wisconsin. His deficit in the gold-standard Marquette poll, and the start time of the Packers game, appear to be factors.

Paul Ryan must be happy.

Cross the Badger State off Trump's "flip" list. Focus on securing Michigan, and that pretty much locks it up. (I still believe Pennsylvania is the GOP white whale.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am far from an expert but why would we think independent voters would go for Trump? Her will win in a landslide.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Ralston's reporting seems strong...is there any chance he is wrong?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. RickStain

They'll probably go for Trump a little bit. A lot of Independents are Republicans who don't want to identify with the party because it isn't conservative enough. Romney won them in 2012.

There are just a lot more Democrats than Republicans

11. RickStain

If he is wrong, everything we think we know about the electorate is wrong and God Emperor Trump wins by 5+ nationally.

Black swans happen, but so rarely we have a special name for what a once-a-lifetime thing they are.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A bit of a d_b with Inky's post, but ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.