1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump's campaign is being run by Breitbart and is heavily attached to Infowars. It doesn't get more lunatic conspiracy theory than that. The latter ran stories about how Clinton was a literal demon from hell, complete with "proof" from people who had been near her and could smell the sulfur.

I'm more impressed from the projection. It is part his mental illness and part intentional strategy to gaslight the public. Anytime he comes up with a new attack, I assume it is something he knows he is doing. Remember all that hysteria over Correct the Record, a small-scale social media PR project that was spun as armies of secret online shills? That was about two months before it came out that Trump's online presence was mostly paid Russian trolls.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Have you heard their final arguments?

It's literally, "I know you don't like her, but we need you to vote for her."

They make no positive argument for her candidacy.

Obama had tried to make it about his legacy.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama doesn't have to beg African-Americans to vote against Trump in Michigan or anywhere else. Trump will be goddamn lucky to get 5% of the A-A vote.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he has to beg cousin Pookie to get off the couch.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Probably too busy eating watermelon, I suppose?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And Trump's is "elect me to stop the Jews!"

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can't be trusted with Twitter, can't be trusted as POTUS.

8. RickStain

A candidate should spend the last few days trying to convince voters who already like them to still like them? Especially in the age of early voting when they've probably already voted?

Much like the 269-268 thing, you really just don't get politics for as much time as you spend talking about them.

9. RickStain

Trump's campaign staff has done a good job of keeping him out of the spotlight since the sexual assault tape. That is a big reason why Republicans are coming home to the laundry and he is going to lose by less than he might have.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I love good comedy.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I do OK. Probably because I don't discuss politics with friends.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understood it just fine. He was arguing against one of the potential flaws in the plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.