1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuck suggesting anything. Fire his ass and order Lynch to indict him and numerous FBI co-conspirators for violating the Hatch Act.

TigerVols, Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We all know about Starman justice, but in this case it appears warranted. A lockhimup hashtag?

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What a complete bungling. Honestly, what the hell was Comey thinking? Not only did he break protocol, but he did it for no reason whatsoever.

How much damage did he do? Enough to tilt the election? One way or another, he's gotta go. And he's gotta go before Clinton wins (assuming she wins).

Democrats should already be super motivated. Hopefully people come out in droves and turn this into the STOMPING it was shaping up to be nine days ago.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Herself has been treated so unfairly by federal law enforcement ...

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I said "at the very least" to cover scenarios where you need an act of congress to fire the guy and it is just easier to have him resign. But I heard on NPR—and my quick Googling seems to back it up—that a violation of the Hatch Act can only get you fired, it isn't a criminal statute. Comey would have to be charged with something other than violating the Hatch Act to go to jail, if I'm not mistaken.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ya know what? She has been treated unfairly. Comey's editorializing in July broke protocol and was wrong. His actions nine days ago were even worse.

Years and years and years of witch hunts, and NOTHING has come of it. So, fuckin' a right she's been treated unfairly.

But it's not like much was at stake this time. Only a presidential election.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Some permutation of obstruction of justice, I'd guess.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You forget the first rule of Hillary Clinton, in operation since 1992. "We know she's guilty of something, and someday we'll find out what it is."

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like you haven't heard the final arguments, because they literally aren't that.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is basically SOP for anyone the FBI can't recommend prosecution for to get an admonishment press conference.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Now I know why the monkey king endorsement never showed up in an overnight tweet.

dixiehack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.