1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is weird and discouraging that a state in which high turnout would benefit Democrats as a whole, Democratic election officials and state laws make it one of the hardest places to vote in the country, just so some low and mid level pols can keep their phony-baloney jobs.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You used the phrase "weird and discouraging," but I think that "entirely predictable" would have been the better choice.

SpeedTchr and FileNotFound like this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is from that story I linked to:

I will bet with only small odds that there is at least one person on the city "Conflict of Interest Board" who out-earns (I use the word "earns" loosely and for lack of a better word) this woman and has an employee chauffering him or her around, too.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope that the Republican Party's voter suppression games in North Carolina pissed off and mobilized black voters. Seeing the state vote for Clinton would sting, but getting some of their state level favorites voted down would send a very cogent message.

The courts need to send a message to them, too. Preferably a nice fat unlubed legal language dildo.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Fittingly, Trump HQ is surrounded by garbage trucks this morning. IMG_3043.JPG
    I think she's going to win, too.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got this cool sticker after dropping off my ballot.

[​IMG]

Ace, I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can today just end already?

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Are the trucks for a security barrier? Honest question.

What happens when it's announced Trump is a looser tonight?

Does he concede somewhat graciously, use the speech to announce his next hotel opening or say he needs to get a better look at the results before he concedes?

What do the idiots out there do? Turn to Schilling! as their fearless leader? Who fills that void?

I don't think there will be riots in the streets when it's announced tonight, but I do think there may be at least some youtube videos like the one of the guy pissing on Lane Kiffin merch when he left Tennessee. Sub in Clinton merch.

9. The Big Ragu

Yes, you can safely assume those Sanitation trucks were put there as a barrier. There is also the police presence across the street.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll be glad when it's over, but it's the political pundits' day. Let 'em have it.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

More likely Hans Gruber and his brother are going to use the distraction of the election to rob Trump Tower.

Baron Scicluna, Ace, HC and 1 other person like this.
  12. The Big Ragu

Maybe not the best target. You'd have to wonder if all you are going to find is a billion dollars of debt masked by glittery chandeliers.

Baron Scicluna, wicked, HC and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.