1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm realizing I committed fail earlier today. I voted without getting Vombatus' expert opinion on California's Prop 60...

Vombatus and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I foolishly chose to have children much too late.
    Now I am doomed.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But... You have to take the photo before you turn it in, so you can spoil it (vote for more than one person for dogcatcher), get a fresh ballot, and switch your vote.

So, even a photo isn't real proof of how you voted, unless Guido is keeping an eye on you as you vote in the school cafeteria.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We don't get as many of those ballot measures as California (none this time), but yeah, whenever there is a "Prop something or other" on my ballot, there is a slightly better than 98 percent chance that I am voting "no." :)

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Propublica has an election-day blog with a real-time Google Trends map for terms such as "voter intimidation", "provisional ballots", etc.

Electionland

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The coolest ballot tweet of the day ...

7. Spartan Squad

Funny, that is the same percentage as the success rate of the item being voted on with Prop 60

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's been appealed, but wasn't overturned because the judge thought it would "create confusion" to do so this close to the election.

Given the cumulative intelligence of the 2016 electorate, I tend to agree.

9. Spartan Squad

The Daily Show has a pretty funny reaction to this...

Ace and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Prop 60 is ridiculous. I gave it a 'no.'

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Idea: write program to spam absurd election-related google searches to mess with Google Trends stories. Like, "Why are there thousands of searches in Wyoming for 'Does rubbing your scrotum on your ballot invalidate it?'"

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The leader in all the Mass. polls lately has been the pro-legalization crowd.

cranberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.